Intel boards not recommended?

kameleon

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
I've read through the forums and mobo suggestions and I haven't seen many recommending Intel boards. Is this simply because they don't OC, or are there are other reasons?

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
They have the reputation of being solid, reliable boards but don't provide as good OC options as other vendors. The Intel Bad Axe 2, though, was a pretty good overclocker for Core 2s. But it's old news, and if you want to OC a C2, there's better boards out there now.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
They have the reputation of being solid, reliable boards but don't provide as good OC options as other vendors. The Intel Bad Axe 2, though, was a pretty good overclocker for Core 2s. But it's old news, and if you want to OC a C2, there's better boards out there now.

I'll second that. Intel boards are ultra stable but not very flashy. If you're not planning to overclock, you can't go wrong with an Intel board.

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
intel is already dominating the cpu market.. so why purchase a motherboard from them too? give your money to nividia instead and get a 590 or 650. suprisingly i hear the asus 590sli boards have a matured bios and are very overclockable now.!! amazing grace!!:)