Is it caused by software error?

Recently, my server always alerts me. The screen displays
"Stop:0x0000001E(0x0000005,0x804AA924,0x00000000,0x00000028)
Beginning dump of physical memory...."

I guess it's win2000 error,but i can't confirm it.

Can you help me? I will be greatly appreciate to you.

--
williamwon
williamwon's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1841

The links below may be a good place to start looking and you may also want
to post in the Windows server or general newsgroups with more specific
information such as when it started happening, the frequency of occurrence,
and what the server is used for.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/2000/professional/reskit/en-us/part7/proch33.mspx
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_oweb.asp

Often it will help if you can correlate these blue screens with a specific
event on the computer such as installation of an application, update of
drivers, new hardware, installation of security updates, etc. If you can do
such it may help to "undo" or otherwise remedy the change to see if it
helps. Also if the events happen with a specific action such as running an
application that can give you a clue. If the events seem to be random then
it could be hardware related such as overheating cpu. flaky memory, or flaky
power supply. If booting into safe mode makes the problem go away you
probably have a startup application/process/driver causing the problem.
Looking in Event Viewer to see if anything pertinent has been recorded in
the application or system logs is always a good idea. Anytime you are
experiencing odd behavior you should run a full malware scan using the
latest virus definitions from your vendor's website and verify that your
firewall is correctly protecting your server/network. I would also run the
Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer on it to check for security
vulnerabilities such as missing security patches. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx
http://scan.sygatetech.com/ -- self scan site to check basic firewall
vulnerabilities.

"williamwon" <williamwon.1q6j54@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Recently, my server always alerts me. The screen displays
> "Stop:0x0000001E(0x0000005,0x804AA924,0x00000000,0x00000028)
> Beginning dump of physical memory...."
>
> I guess it's win2000 error,but i can't confirm it.
>
> Can you help me? I will be greatly appreciate to you.
>

> --
> williamwon
> williamwon's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1841

Barry

"williamwon" <williamwon.1q6u95@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Thank you very much, Steven.
> Just as what you say, the events are random , but i hope it's not
> hardware error.
>

> --
> williamwon
> williamwon's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1841

if it's random, it's probably dodgy ram.