How good is AOL's firewall and anti-spyware

Hi

I have this friend (NO REALLY!) who is having issue with her ebay
account being compromised. She's changed her password details and
assures me that password is very random and hard to guess; I tend to
trust her on this.

Naturally I am beginning to wonder about remote access software...

She is running a dial-up AOL account, with their firewall and
anti-spyware. I have no experience with AOL, and I'd be interested in
people's opinions regarding their 'in house' products. Would people
advocate, and indeed is it possible, to run something like ZA rather
than the AOL product?

tia
andy
1 answer Last reply
More about good firewall anti spyware

    Hi Andy.

    I don't use AOL but I know some less fortunate people [uncle and sister for
    starts] that do and I have not heard of any such problems from them. My
    Uncle is a heavy Ebay user. Of course I would scan her computer totally for
    malware/spyware and if the problem persists maybe advise a clean install for
    her. I would also warn her about phishing [show her the link below] which I
    assume you know about and in general tell her to NEVER use a website link
    from an email which is how much of the activity you describe is happening.
    The other thing I suggest is that users do not use the autosave feature of
    Internet Explorer for passwords and to use a unique password for Ebay as
    people tend to use the same password for everything, and to only logon to
    Ebay, etc from KNOWN secure computers and not from a friends, coworkers,
    public computer. If other users have physical access to her computer or
    computers that she accesses Ebay from then that of course is another area of
    concern. I really tend to doubt that it is an AOL security issue. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/email/phishing.mspx

    "andy smart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have this friend (NO REALLY!) who is having issue with her ebay
    > account being compromised. She's changed her password details and
    > assures me that password is very random and hard to guess; I tend to
    > trust her on this.
    >
    > Naturally I am beginning to wonder about remote access software...
    >
    > She is running a dial-up AOL account, with their firewall and
    > anti-spyware. I have no experience with AOL, and I'd be interested in
    > people's opinions regarding their 'in house' products. Would people
    > advocate, and indeed is it possible, to run something like ZA rather
    > than the AOL product?
    >
    > tia
    > andy

Firewalls AOL Anti Spyware Windows