[PW!][NS] Preferred Voices...

Okay, I realize that the PW! website has its own section dedicated to sounds,
most of them being voices for various characters (Robert, Marcia, Sarah,
Luthor, Nori, Andrew, and a few others who either aren't active or don't have
WGs). However, if we authors had a choice in the matter, who would we want
voicing our characters?

To start off the nominations, I'll list off the three characters of mine that I
have definite voices pegged for.

Alexandria Beatrice "Alex" Masters - Kelly Sheridan (Leena Toros from "ZOIDS
Zero", Yuki Saiko from "Silent Möbius")

Cassandra "Cass" Gale - Venus Terzo (Girl-type Ranma Saotome from "Ranma 1/2,
Jean Grey/Phoenix from "X-Men Evolution")

Jason Cassidy - Eric Stuart (Do I really need to say who he voices around here?
;) )

I'm not entirely certain on Sai Meilan or Sven and Peabody (I'm leaning towards
Kirby Morrow for Peabody, however). Any thoughts or suggestions?

And any other notes about who you'd prefer to voice your characters?

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points

William Rendfeld wrote:

> Okay, I realize that the PW! website has its own section dedicated to sounds,
> most of them being voices for various characters (Robert, Marcia, Sarah,
> Luthor, Nori, Andrew, and a few others who either aren't active or don't have
> WGs). However, if we authors had a choice in the matter, who would we want
> voicing our characters?
>
> To start off the nominations, I'll list off the three characters of mine that I
> have definite voices pegged for.
>
> Alexandria Beatrice "Alex" Masters - Kelly Sheridan (Leena Toros from "ZOIDS
> Zero", Yuki Saiko from "Silent Möbius")
>
> Cassandra "Cass" Gale - Venus Terzo (Girl-type Ranma Saotome from "Ranma 1/2,
> Jean Grey/Phoenix from "X-Men Evolution")
>
> Jason Cassidy - Eric Stuart (Do I really need to say who he voices around here?
> ;) )
>
> I'm not entirely certain on Sai Meilan or Sven and Peabody (I'm leaning towards
> Kirby Morrow for Peabody, however). Any thoughts or suggestions?

You know, voice actors can have quite a range of voices. For instance,
Steve Blum, if I'm not mistaken, does the extremely different voices of
Rattrap (Beast Wars: Transformers), Piccolo (Dragon Ball Z), and Spike
Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop). If I recall correctly, Eric Stuart voices both
Brock and James in Pokemon. I think it might do some good to point out
which voices they should use for the characters, as opposed to just the
names of the actors.

> And any other notes about who you'd prefer to voice your characters?

Oy. The only voice actor names I can remember right now are Steve Blum
and Derek Stephen Prince, who I'm pretty sure don't want you to think
they're the same person.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

William Rendfeld wrote:

> And any other notes about who you'd prefer to voice your characters?

Maybe I'll think of others tomorrow, but right now what comes to mind is
that I picture Mace's Ralts, Artemis, with the voice of Rika (Melissa
Fahn) from the third season of Digimon.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

> For instance,
>Steve Blum, if I'm not mistaken, does the extremely different voices of
>Rattrap (Beast Wars: Transformers), Piccolo (Dragon Ball Z), and Spike
>Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop)

He does Spike. The other two are Scott McNeil.

>I think it might do some good to point out
>which voices they should use for the characters, as opposed to just the
>names of the actors.

Please, use more creativity than that. Suggest an actor based on their skill,
but just because you want them to do their voice exactly like X character from
Episode Y of Z: The Animated Series.

As for myself, I'm not really sure I can think of a voice actor who could
properly voice Trent. The aforementioned Scott McNeil would be good for his
voice (though there's no specific voice he's done that I know of that matches
what I imagine Trent to sound like, but I feel he's versatile enough to create
one), but I'm not sure he can act Trent out effectively.

As for Carol... well, I've never put too much thought into how she sounds, to
be honest. I'll get back to you on this one.

Jose L. Solano
-------------------------------
A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
-------------------------------
"It's too damn safe."

Jose L. Solano wrote:

>>For instance,
>>Steve Blum, if I'm not mistaken, does the extremely different voices of
>>Rattrap (Beast Wars: Transformers), Piccolo (Dragon Ball Z), and Spike
>>Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop)
>

> He does Spike. The other two are Scott McNeil.

Oops. Also, he's not Derek Stephen Prince. Wish I could remember his
other identity, though. I know he was listed as one name for the Cowboy
Bebop series and the other for the movie.

>>I think it might do some good to point out
>>which voices they should use for the characters, as opposed to just the
>>names of the actors.
>

> Please, use more creativity than that. Suggest an actor based on their skill,
> but just because you want them to do their voice exactly like X character from
> Episode Y of Z: The Animated Series.

Okay, so it wouldn't be the exact voice per se. Probably the one the
character would sound the most like. Kinda hard to imagine a voice
you've never heard, you know.

> As for myself, I'm not really sure I can think of a voice actor who could
> properly voice Trent. The aforementioned Scott McNeil would be good for his
> voice (though there's no specific voice he's done that I know of that matches
> what I imagine Trent to sound like, but I feel he's versatile enough to create
> one), but I'm not sure he can act Trent out effectively.

I always thought he'd sound something like Piccolo.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

>> He does Spike. The other two are Scott McNeil.
>>
>Oops. Also, he's not Derek Stephen Prince. Wish I could remember his
>other identity, though. I know he was listed as one name for the Cowboy
>Bebop series and the other for the movie.

David Lucas is his other name.

>> As for myself, I'm not really sure I can think of a voice actor who could
>> properly voice Trent. The aforementioned Scott McNeil would be good for his
>> voice (though there's no specific voice he's done that I know of that
>matches
>> what I imagine Trent to sound like, but I feel he's versatile enough to
>create
>> one), but I'm not sure he can act Trent out effectively.
>>
>I always thought he'd sound something like Piccolo.

Well that's not what he sounds like.

Jose L. Solano
-------------------------------

Jose L. Solano wrote:

>>>He does Spike. The other two are Scott McNeil.
>>>

>>Oops. Also, he's not Derek Stephen Prince. Wish I could remember his
>>other identity, though. I know he was listed as one name for the Cowboy
>>Bebop series and the other for the movie.
>>

> David Lucas is his other name.

Right, got it.

>>>As for myself, I'm not really sure I can think of a voice actor who could
>>>properly voice Trent. The aforementioned Scott McNeil would be good for his
>>>voice (though there's no specific voice he's done that I know of that
>>
>>matches
>>
>>>what I imagine Trent to sound like, but I feel he's versatile enough to
>>
>>create
>>
>>>one), but I'm not sure he can act Trent out effectively.
>>>

>>I always thought he'd sound something like Piccolo.
>

> Well that's not what he sounds like.

I'll keep that in mind.

--

William Rendfeld wrote:
> And any other notes about who you'd prefer to voice your characters?

Just a random thought, but it'd be appropriate if Aerie's voice was an
average from samples of many girls her age - a voice that doesn't
actually exist and maybe never will, yet sounds familiar enough (and
doesn't sound artificial at all).

> And any other notes about who you'd prefer to voice your characters?

Hmm. While I write, i see everything happening in my head as if it were
an animated movie, voices and all, but I don't know how to describe
their voices. Amber would sound like me, which i know doesn't help
anyone out here XD;; I should record her for y'all. Hmm,
Dharak....*snickers* I just imagined him sounding like Pegasus for a
second *snrk* hehe...i don't know what he sounds like o_O; And Vixxen
sounds like me when I'm hyper. YAH OK I didn't get any sleep last night.
Your PROBLEM??? *falls over dead*

--
"God then you don't understand the magnificance of penguins." ~Tokiie

Amber Foxwing wrote:
> Hmm. While I write, i see everything happening in my head as if it were
> an animated movie, voices and all, but I don't know how to describe
> their voices. Amber would sound like me, which i know doesn't help
> anyone out here XD;; I should record her for y'all. Hmm,
> Dharak....*snickers* I just imagined him sounding like Pegasus for a
> second *snrk* hehe...i don't know what he sounds like o_O; And Vixxen
> sounds like me when I'm hyper. YAH OK I didn't get any sleep last night.
> Your PROBLEM??? *falls over dead*

That sounds rather similar to what happens when I write. Aside from the
falling over dead bit, that is.