Folder Permission

I Just want to know how many subfolders can keep in a Main folder and how the
rights & permission applies to it. Please help me out on this.

Thank you

The size of a storage area and number of entries in a directory
depends on the filesystem and operating system you are using.
If this is Windows NT 4 or later and you are using NTFS for
the filesystem there is effectively no limit on the number of
direct child folders in a directory. There is however a limit
on the total full pathname string size for file and folders, which
means there is a limit on nesting depth for folders, but this will
vary based on the name lengths for the folders in the path.

User Rights are machine-wide and do not vary based on this
and that particular folder. NTFS permissions for new objects
(files and folders) in a directory are taken from the parent
folder in which they are newly defined. These may not be
exactly the same as are on the parent, but they will be exactly
as the permission of the parent state that the child should have.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)