Able to send but not recieve packets

Nidenel

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I am trying to get on the internet using a wireless network, but no matter what I do it will not work. My roomate has the modem hooked to his Macintosh airport. I have a dynex wirless adapter, i am able to recognize his network and conect to it, but i am not able to recieve packets. With out recieveing any thing the connection is useless. Any ideas to the problem would be very much appriciated.

Nidenel

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I am on PC. I am using the wireless internet 'tab' on the bottom right of the screen next to the audio options. I am also using a program that came with the adapter. Both are saying that i am connected to the network but i still cant do any thing on the internet. I have also tested with pings where i usually get 100% error. The network has been running for 3 days and the history shows 3000+ packets sent and 91 packets recieved. The 91 packets i got as soon as I established the connection, but i havent gotten any since then. Any help would be great since this problem is really annoying. I hope i cleared some stuff up.

Iceblue

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Sounds like you may have conflicting wireless network apps in your PC. You can't have both Windows and your adapter's app trying to manage the connection. Also, some adapters don't work well with the Windows wireless connection manager.

If your adapter came with a wireless utility, use that. Make sure the Windows utility is told to behave itself... Go to Control Panel, Network Connections. Right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon and select Properties. Click on the Wireless Networks tab. Make sure the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" checkbox is OFF.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Sounds like you are not getting DNS and/or gateway info from your router. The could be related with the fact you are loading both MFG and MS.

Personally I like MS if it works that way. I have ran into several MFG utilitys that auto connected to open networks with no way to turn off. I use MS. I loose some features that the MFG provide. But in most cases not needed.

from the cmd prompt type "ipconfig /all" and post the results.

Nidenel

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I did Ip config/all and this is what i got back:
Windows IP configuration
host name...Broward
Primary DNS Suffix ... (Blank)
Node type ... Broad cast
It Routing Enabled ... no
WINS Poxy Enabled ... no

Internet Adapter wirerless network conection :

Conection - Specific DNS Suffix... (Blank)
Description ... Dynex wirerless G Adapter
Physical Adress... 00-14-A5-9E-1Z-67
DHCP Enabled ... Yes
AutoConfiguration Enabled ...Yes
It Adress ... 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask ... 0.0.0.0
It Adress ... se80::214:a5ff:se9e:1z67%13
Default Gateway ... (Blank)

DHCP Server ... 255.255.255.255
DNS Server ... fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1