Forged Access Permissions

I have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers and Windows xp SP1 Clients.
when some users acessing Shared Folders from windows 2000 file server they
are getting access permissions of other user. Actually say john is looged on
the pc in the file server sessions it is showing joe is connected.
Please can anybody give me the hint?
Thanx
4 answers Last reply
More about forged access permissions

    Well, it is possible to define a drive mapping using
    alternate credentials. May we assume you have ruled
    this out?

    If John logs off and does a fresh log in are there any connections
    to the sharing server from that machine? If not, if John then browses
    to the share does transparent access without login prompt result?
    If so, does the server then show Joe as the account connecting from
    the machine where John is logged in?

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

    "IT_OPS" <ITOPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers and Windows xp SP1 Clients.
    > when some users acessing Shared Folders from windows 2000 file server
    they
    > are getting access permissions of other user. Actually say john is looged
    on
    > the pc in the file server sessions it is showing joe is connected.
    > Please can anybody give me the hint?
    > Thanx

    When john logged on from windows xp pc in the file server sessions it is
    showing joe coneected to the server from that xp computer and joe is enjoying
    johns access permission. if joe comes and logon to other pc everything is
    fine this is happening only in some computers.

    > When john logged on from windows xp pc in the file server sessions it is
    > showing joe coneected to the server from that xp computer and joe is
    enjoying
    > johns access permission.

    "and joe is enjoying john's" ?? or did you mean john is
    enjoying joe's access permissions - which would be
    more consistent.
    If you did mean to say what you did, then I am totally confused . . .
    from where is joe accessing this ??

    XP has the ability to define what account is used when connecting
    to specific resources. This is done in the User Accounts control
    panel applet for the logged in account. Is there anything there stating
    to use Joe's account when connecting to that box ??

    =?Utf-8?B?SVRfT1BT?= <ITOPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > I have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers and Windows xp SP1 Clients.
    > when some users acessing Shared Folders from windows 2000 file
    > server they
    > are getting access permissions of other user. Actually say john is
    > looged on the pc in the file server sessions it is showing joe is
    > connected. Please can anybody give me the hint?
    > Thanx

    Does each workstation have a unique set of SIDs (i.e. did you use
    Sysprep to cleanse each PC before joining it to your domain)?

    Adam

Windows 2000 File Server Permissions Windows