Help with my Geforce 6200 AGP 256 ram

TenaciousDan

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
Hi, i've recently downloaded the Half-life 2 demo to see if my system could run it. As far as framerates are concerned it runs very smoothly but i do come across a graphical problem. Before i go on i'm going to give my system details that may be of help.

Nvidia Geforce 6200 256 ram (DAC Type - Intergrated RAMDAC)
Direct X 9.0c
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz
1024 DDR RAM
Windows XP Home Edition

I have the latest drivers for my video card downloaded. I play Half-life 1 plenty as well as Far Cry and have had no graphical problems what so ever.

When i play Half-life 2 on the lowest graphical settings it runs perfectly fine with no trouble at all. It's just when i start to put the settings higher, most notiably the Texture setting i'll get a few graphical complications. Although the frame rates stay fine a few items appear green and glitchy, my weapons appear to have distorted and gun fire becomes red lines rather than burst of fire (litreal fire)

Here are a few pictures

Picture 1 - Here

Picture 2 - here

Picture 3 - here

Currently i have default graphical settings set on my Geforce 6200 and have only tried playing around with in-game settings. I just wondered if there's anything i can change to iron out these weird graphical glitches that i have come across.

Thanks for any help.

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
They seem to be corrupt textures, did u try the latest beta drivers from nvidia.com

Also, try updating DirectX to the latest version.

And it's strange how u run at lowest settings, i used to run HL2 with high settings on my fx5200.

and how is ur CPU running @ 2.50Ghz?

TenaciousDan

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
They seem to be corrupt textures, did u try the latest beta drivers from nvidia.com

Also, try updating DirectX to the latest version.

And it's strange how u run at lowest settings, i used to run HL2 with high settings on my fx5200.

and how is ur CPU running @ 2.50Ghz?

Hi, thanks for the relpy.

Yeah, it's most definitly corrupt textures everything else runs fine and smoothly when in-game.

I'll give updating DirectX a try.

I can run the game with high settings smoothly, it's just the textures get corrupt when i do :?

As far as my CPU running at 2.50 ghz ? I'm not sure :p This is how the computer comes standard.

sirrobin4ever

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
There is a P4 2.53 ghz processor....(but not 2.50ghz)

I suspect that something is wrong with your download. I kind of liked the lime green paint cans and sawblades though! :D

TenaciousDan

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
Meh, i've tried installing (and then reinstalling) the latest beta drivers for my Geforce 6200, reinstalled the latest version of DirectX and neither have seemed to make any difference in the matter.

I've tried playing other games again such as farcry and halflife 1 but they still run perfectly fine.

I really can't understand why i'm getting such crazy texture corruption on Half-Life 2 (and also counter-strike source).

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Did u try uninstalling the demo after u install the drivers?

from what i see, i think the corrupt textures are from the game files itself so try it.

matrixone

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Did u try uninstalling the demo after u install the drivers?

from what i see, i think the corrupt textures are from the game files itself so try it.

NONONO!! listen, geforce 6200 agp usea directx 9 software, this card dont came whit directx 9 optimiced... thats why. I had the same problem whit my geforce 5200 agp. There is a patch who fix that, converts dx 9 textures in dx8, so you can see all good, of course I didnt buy the game I download it jajaj. see of torrents patch of something.. dont remenber.. sorry..

red_devil

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I never had any kind of texture problem with my 5200, and i didn't download any patch.

The card was DX9 COMPLIANT, which means it handles any DX9 app.
so i think any Geforce 6 card will be too.

sirrobin4ever

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Try going back a few generations of drivers. I once had issues with my older GPU with the newest graphics drivers. Going back to an older driver solved my problems.