Access List

Hi,
Can anyone supply utility which would display a folder list and its access
rights or point me in the right source?

I'm in the process of upgrading to Win2003 from 2000 and moving folders from
one system to the other presents a challenge in terms of mirroring
permissions.

By majority folders are shared, so it easy to determine what level of access
they have, but there's about 140-170 folders with its own set of privileges
which are not shared.

Thanks for your help.

Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about access list

    You could try DumpSec from Somarsoft
    http://www.somarsoft.com/
    or just use cacls to report the permissions.

    If the old and new machines are in a domain and the
    permissioning is done with domain groups then you
    could just use xcopy to copy with permissions.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

    "Chris" <kierownikx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone supply utility which would display a folder list and its access
    > rights or point me in the right source?
    >

    > I'm in the process of upgrading to Win2003 from 2000 and moving folders
    from
    > one system to the other presents a challenge in terms of mirroring
    > permissions.
    >
    > By majority folders are shared, so it easy to determine what level of
    access
    > they have, but there's about 140-170 folders with its own set of
    privileges
    > which are not shared.
    >

    > Thanks for your help.
    >

    > Chris