Interesting File permission issue

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello all,

When I select properties/security of directories located in a shared
directory, I get the following message: "You only have permission to view the
current security information on shared on xxxxxxx". I click okay and the
permission of the directory show up as Everyone/Full Control, but they are
inaccessable because they are greyed out. Any ideas?

You are looking at the NTFS permissions, and you do not have
the ability to change then (grey). The share level permissions
are evidently more restrictive than the NTFS, thus limiting the
effective permissions allow during remote access.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)