madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Not that you would notice on a VGA monitor. DVI is digital and the picture quality on a DVI capable monitor far exceeds that of a VGA display.

DVI is digital and the picture quality on a DVI capable monitor far exceeds that of a VGA display.

No it doesn't! :roll:
This discussion has been covered before, it depends on the quality of many components.
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/ftopic-221284-0.html

To the OP, the adapters won't significantly affect the signal quality.

Like anything else if the pins are oxidized, etc it could mildly affect it, but it's unlikely to be noticeable even then unless you have really long cable lengths.

madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
This discussion has been covered before, it depends on the quality of many components.
True, grand master, however, my assumption was the op was running a DVI card to an analog monitor, in which case he wasn't going to see any signal degradation, and I was trying to keep the answer as succinct as possible, in that regard. Clearly, we wouldn't be buying high-end, DVI GPU's and connecting them to high resolution digital monitors, with DVI-only connections, if there wasn't a significant improvement in picture quality. My apologies to the op if I over-simplified.

TRENDING THREADS