Unable to download security patches

I am sending this to several newsgroups, because I am not sure which is the
most appropriate one. I apologize for the multiple postings.

I am trying to download security updates for Windows 2000 Professional, and
I am unable to get the downloads to work.

Because of multiple past security problems with Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express, I have had to equip my system with the following security
applications:
ZoneAlarm
Spybot Search and Destroy
Secretmaker
AdAware

Do I have to disable all these to get the download to work? How can I
download the updates while still protecting my system as much as possible?

Thank you.
Colleen
1 answer Last reply
More about unable download security patches

    Well, you did not say download how, from the ms.com/downloads site
    or by enabling Microsoft Update (i.e. Windows Update)
    It is probably an issue with ZoneAlarm being too tight.
    Try lightening up for a while as the actual downloads can come from
    a different IP that seen for the Microsoft Update site.
    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server: Security)

    "Terri Creagh" <meterri@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >I am sending this to several newsgroups, because I am not sure which is the
    > most appropriate one. I apologize for the multiple postings.
    >
    > I am trying to download security updates for Windows 2000 Professional,
    > and
    > I am unable to get the downloads to work.
    >
    > Because of multiple past security problems with Internet Explorer and
    > Outlook Express, I have had to equip my system with the following security
    > applications:
    > ZoneAlarm
    > Spybot Search and Destroy
    > Secretmaker
    > AdAware
    >
    > Do I have to disable all these to get the download to work? How can I
    > download the updates while still protecting my system as much as possible?
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Colleen

Download Security Windows