NT4 upgrade to Windows 2000 / 2003 Server

Hi All,

I need to upgrade my server from NT4 to windows 2000/2003 server. Can
It keep NT4 users and all configuration ? How can I do that ? Have any
instruction from Microsoft ? Thanks alot.
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade windows 2000 2003 server

    On 17 Jun 2005 19:31:48 -0700, kelvinweb@gmail.com (Kelvin) wrote:

    >I need to upgrade my server from NT4 to windows 2000/2003 server. Can
    >It keep NT4 users and all configuration ? How can I do that ? Have any
    >instruction from Microsoft ? Thanks alot.

    There's a ton of documentation on upgrading NT4 to 200/2003 on
    Micrsoft's web site. Google will find you a ton more.

    Jeff

    Jeff is totally right.
    But, if there is no domain involved then just backup and do it.
    With a domain involved, think and plan, then think again, then
    finally make out the real plan.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server: Security)

    "Kelvin" <kelvinweb@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >

    > I need to upgrade my server from NT4 to windows 2000/2003 server. Can
    > It keep NT4 users and all configuration ? How can I do that ? Have any
    > instruction from Microsoft ? Thanks alot.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Servers Windows