NT4 upgrade to Windows 2000 / 2003 Server

Tags:
  • Windows 2000
  • Microsoft
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 17, 2005 11:31:48 PM

Hi All,

I need to upgrade my server from NT4 to windows 2000/2003 server. Can
It keep NT4 users and all configuration ? How can I do that ? Have any
instruction from Microsoft ? Thanks alot.

More about : nt4 upgrade windows 2000 2003 server

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:06:33 AM

On 17 Jun 2005 19:31:48 -0700, kelvinweb@gmail.com (Kelvin) wrote:

>I need to upgrade my server from NT4 to windows 2000/2003 server. Can
>It keep NT4 users and all configuration ? How can I do that ? Have any
>instruction from Microsoft ? Thanks alot.

There's a ton of documentation on upgrading NT4 to 200/2003 on
Micrsoft's web site. Google will find you a ton more.

Jeff
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 1:30:35 AM

Jeff is totally right.
But, if there is no domain involved then just backup and do it.
With a domain involved, think and plan, then think again, then
finally make out the real plan.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server: Security)

news:D b7965c.0506171831.6d05dbfc@posting.google.com...

!