OLAP Analysis Services Components Installation Help

Hi All,

My server installed SQL Server 2000 with SP3a, when I install olap
analysis services components, the setup file is runing on Windows
Process Task Manager.

It haven't any splash screen. I am not sure that I can't install olap
analysis services components because of installed SQL Server with
SP3a. It may be service pack version problem. Need I downgrade the SQL
Server SP3a or install olap analysis services components with SP3(I
don't know where can I found it).

My SQL Server machine is member of domain, but using local
administrator login and Local Administrator is a member of domain
administrators group. I also
try to runing on another windows 2000 server (Web Server), it has
splash
screen and normal install analysis services. I also try to stop all
SQL
server services before install olap analysis services, but same
result. I found another issues, I don't know why any program or
software can be installed. It can't install analysis services only.

Please advised.

The configuration of my server.
- Windows 2000 Server
- Norion Antivirus
- Logon as Local Administrator
1 answer Last reply
More about olap analysis services components installation help

    Did you try disabling the anti-virus during the intallation?
    This would be a good question to ask in a sqlserver newsgroup
    rather than a security newsgroup.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

    "Kelvin" <kelvinweb@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > My server installed SQL Server 2000 with SP3a, when I install olap
    > analysis services components, the setup file is runing on Windows
    > Process Task Manager.
    >
    > It haven't any splash screen. I am not sure that I can't install olap
    > analysis services components because of installed SQL Server with
    > SP3a. It may be service pack version problem. Need I downgrade the SQL
    > Server SP3a or install olap analysis services components with SP3(I
    > don't know where can I found it).
    >
    > My SQL Server machine is member of domain, but using local
    > administrator login and Local Administrator is a member of domain
    > administrators group. I also
    > try to runing on another windows 2000 server (Web Server), it has
    > splash
    > screen and normal install analysis services. I also try to stop all
    > SQL
    > server services before install olap analysis services, but same
    > result. I found another issues, I don't know why any program or
    > software can be installed. It can't install analysis services only.
    >
    > Please advised.
    >
    > The configuration of my server.
    > - Windows 2000 Server
    > - Norion Antivirus