The local policy of this system does not permit you to log..

Hi all,

I have a win2k pro system, and i am having problems logging on to the box as
administrator, when i do so i receive a message "The local policy of this
system does not permit you to log-on interactively".

Now i had a google and i found an article which stated i could use a tool
called ntrights.exe from the resource kit to reset the rights. The problem
i'm having is, as follows I created a Boot disk with NTFS read/write drivers
and when i boot from a floppy into the machine i get an error saying the exe
"cannot be run in DOS mode"

Any ideas how i can reset the local policys from the Command prompt?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan
3 answers Last reply
More about local policy system permit

    Take a look at

    http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/seinteractivelogonright.htm

    and see if that helps.

    www.joeware.net

    "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Take a look at
    >
    > http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/seinteractivelogonright.htm
    >
    > and see if that helps.

    Hi Joe, i ran the app but i received a similar error mesasge as before
    "Application cannot run in DOS Mode".

    I ran ver on the bootdisk and it's a win milenium boot disk using NTFS4DOS
    application to read the NTFS volumes.

    Regards
    Jonathan

    Yeah, it won't run that way, it is a Windows program, boot up the domain, run
    from a workstation against the DC.

    www.joeware.net

    Jonathan Dunne wrote:
    > "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Take a look at
    >>
    >>http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/seinteractivelogonright.htm
    >>
    >>and see if that helps.
    >

    > Hi Joe, i ran the app but i received a similar error mesasge as before
    > "Application cannot run in DOS Mode".
    >
    > I ran ver on the bootdisk and it's a win milenium boot disk using NTFS4DOS
    > application to read the NTFS volumes.
    >
    > Regards
    > Jonathan

Policy Windows