The local policy of this system does not permit you to log..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 21, 2005 12:30:43 AM

Hi all,

I have a win2k pro system, and i am having problems logging on to the box as
administrator, when i do so i receive a message "The local policy of this
system does not permit you to log-on interactively".

Now i had a google and i found an article which stated i could use a tool
called ntrights.exe from the resource kit to reset the rights. The problem
i'm having is, as follows I created a Boot disk with NTFS read/write drivers
and when i boot from a floppy into the machine i get an error saying the exe
"cannot be run in DOS mode"

Any ideas how i can reset the local policys from the Command prompt?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:30:44 AM

Take a look at

http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/seinteractivelogo...

and see if that helps.

www.joeware.net

Jonathan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a win2k pro system, and i am having problems logging on to the box as
> administrator, when i do so i receive a message "The local policy of this
> system does not permit you to log-on interactively".
>
> Now i had a google and i found an article which stated i could use a tool
> called ntrights.exe from the resource kit to reset the rights. The problem
> i'm having is, as follows I created a Boot disk with NTFS read/write drivers
> and when i boot from a floppy into the machine i get an error saying the exe
> "cannot be run in DOS mode"
>
> Any ideas how i can reset the local policys from the Command prompt?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jonathan

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:03:07 PM

"Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at
>
> http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/seinteractivelogo...
>
> and see if that helps.

Hi Joe, i ran the app but i received a similar error mesasge as before
"Application cannot run in DOS Mode".

I ran ver on the bootdisk and it's a win milenium boot disk using NTFS4DOS
application to read the NTFS volumes.

Regards
Jonathan
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 11:35:48 PM

Yeah, it won't run that way, it is a Windows program, boot up the domain, run
from a workstation against the DC.

www.joeware.net

!