Resolving Sid to User Name when Examining DACL

I'm checking to make sure certain people have permissions on certain folders
on my server.

When I right click the folder /properties /Security, I get the standard list
of SIDS that normally resolve to a name quickly.
The Sids seem to take forever to resolve to name.

Does anyone know why this would happen? What actually does the resolution?

Thanks in Advance,

Mr. Lee

So, if you wait long enough they do get translated into friendly
display names, it is just slow, that is the situation?

If the slow ones are domain principals then check that all
DNS support for the domain is fine. This would be case
where names of that domain lag and then eventually the
problem goes away for them (for that boot anyway).

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

"Mr. Lee" <Nospam@email.net> wrote in message
> I'm checking to make sure certain people have permissions on certain
folders
> on my server.
>
> When I right click the folder /properties /Security, I get the standard
list
> of SIDS that normally resolve to a name quickly.
> The Sids seem to take forever to resolve to name.
>
> Does anyone know why this would happen? What actually does the resolution?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Mr. Lee

The common ones come up fine,
it's the individuals that take forever. (I.E.: Owner /Person not from
inherited rights)

each user has a folder that they own "The Users/UserName"
Each individual (i.e. JDoe) user is the one that has the problem.
Enterprise Admins, Domain Admins, etc. are all fine.

This would be a function of DNS?