USER ACCESS RIGHTS TO WINDOWS 2000 SERVER FOLDER

Hi Guy,

I;m trying to stop windows xp workstations from copying files from a windows
2000 standalone server. The users/clients workstation can upload file but not
able to copying files back to their workstations.

Any help/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about user access rights windows 2000 server folder

    You want a drop-box ? A place where files may be depositied
    but from which they may not be viewed ?
    If that is the case just make sure you have not granted Read on Files
    to those accounts.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

    "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Guy,
    >
    > I;m trying to stop windows xp workstations from copying files from a
    windows
    > 2000 standalone server. The users/clients workstation can upload file but
    not
    > able to copying files back to their workstations.
    >
    > Any help/recommendations would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,

Windows 2000 Workstations Servers Windows