Few questions with Gigabyte board and C2Duo

live2play

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
OK guys I've put together the new system and am having a couple issues. I went with the gigabyte ga-965p-s3 board, an intel e6400 processor, and a Nvidia 7950GT card, so please keep that in mind.

1) My CD-RW drive doesn't show up anymore in windows XP. It initially DID show up, and I began installing drivers with it, then after a reboot it just isn't there. At all. Not in device manager, not in 'my computer' screen..nada. However, I switched my DVD over to slave and it shows up fine.

2) Can't figure out how to have a HD, CD-RW, and DVD all on one ribbon. There's only 1 IDE port that I see...and the FDD for the Zip drive, right? Also, my zip drive doesn't show up...hmmmmmm... any ideas?

3) I get a pop up on every fresh boot up that "gigabyte VGA bios not found!". Not sure why it would look for/need a VGA anything, as it's a PCI-E card.

Thanks for all your help, look forward to hearing how I goofed.

Mondoman

Splendid
Please list the model numbers of *every* component in your system, including the power supply.
Each EIDE MB connector can only support up to two drives. It's not a good idea to mix a hard drive and an optical drive on the same cable, due to the big difference in data transfer rates.

akhilles

Splendid
Clear the cmos with power cord unplugged for 1 min.

You have 3 IDE drives? Tricky. No SATA hdd? Then you'll have to connect the IDE HDD to master & either optical drive to slave on the same IDE channel. Set the jumpers correctly in the back of the drives.

As for the 3rd IDE drive, get an external USB enclosure for $10 & put it in there.

Another way is to get a SATA-TO-IDE adapter for about $15-20 & plug it in the IDE HDD. This goes to SATA0/1.