WSUS and SelfUpdate

robg

I have installed WSUS on my old SUS server (Windows Server 2003). In the
admin console for WSUS, I get the following error:
One or more Update Service components could not be contacted. Check your
server status and ensure that the Windows Server Update Service is running.
Non-running services: SelfUpdate
There is no SelfUpdate Service in the Services section of CompMgmt. In IIS,
I see the SelfUpdate site, but when I browse it I get a permision denied,
although I am a local admin as well as a Domain Admin.

microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services
is the newgroup you want.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed WSUS on my old SUS server (Windows Server 2003). In the
> admin console for WSUS, I get the following error:
> One or more Update Service components could not be contacted. Check your
> server status and ensure that the Windows Server Update Service is
running.
> Non-running services: SelfUpdate
> There is no SelfUpdate Service in the Services section of CompMgmt. In
IIS,
> I see the SelfUpdate site, but when I browse it I get a permision denied,
> although I am a local admin as well as a Domain Admin.

Barry

"RobG" <RobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed WSUS on my old SUS server (Windows Server 2003). In the
> admin console for WSUS, I get the following error:
> One or more Update Service components could not be contacted. Check your
> server status and ensure that the Windows Server Update Service is
> running.
> Non-running services: SelfUpdate
> There is no SelfUpdate Service in the Services section of CompMgmt. In
> IIS,
> I see the SelfUpdate site, but when I browse it I get a permision denied,
> although I am a local admin as well as a Domain Admin.

i added IUSR_machinename into the permission for that directory and it
sorted it. Think i read it on this group somewhere