User access rights problem

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In Users and Groups I have a user that is a member of the administrators
group. However when he logs on to a a terminal server session and attempts
to run an application he gets a message that he needs to be granted Standard
User rights.
I have another user configured the same way with no problem.
Please help

On the terminal server check the users group membership and compare it to
the user who does not have a problem. The command net user username may help
substituting the users logon name for username. --- Steve

"Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Users and Groups I have a user that is a member of the administrators
> group. However when he logs on to a a terminal server session and
> attempts
> to run an application he gets a message that he needs to be granted
> Standard
> User rights.
> I have another user configured the same way with no problem.
> Please help

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How do you check a users group membership on the TS, when it is not the
domailn controller where I access directory services?

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> On the terminal server check the users group membership and compare it to
> the user who does not have a problem. The command net user username may help
> substituting the users logon name for username. --- Steve
>

> "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Users and Groups I have a user that is a member of the administrators
> > group. However when he logs on to a a terminal server session and
> > attempts
> > to run an application he gets a message that he needs to be granted
> > Standard
> > User rights.
> > I have another user configured the same way with no problem.
> > Please help

On non domain controllers use lusrmgr.msc to open Local Users and Groups.
Another way would be to go to My Computer, right click - select manage. You
can then check the membership of the local groups on the server. These
local groups can and probably will also contain domain global groups. By
default you should see "domain users" as a member of the users group and
"domain admins" as a member of the administrators group. --- Steve