Netgear Networking between a WGR614 and a DM602.

LordJago

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Lo all.

I need some information and possibly some pointers. I have recently moved into my new house and have decided to jump onto the Wireless band wagon.
With this im mind i purchased Netgears WGR614 Cable/DSL Wireless router. My first impressions of this product was really really good. Since i don't have my Broadband set up just yet i found using it as a simple router excelent. All my wired and wireless machines connect to it flawlessly. But i have come across a little snag. My current Cable modem is USB only. So i am therefore unable to connect my Netgear wireless router to the internet via my current cable modem.
I have therefore ordered a Netgear DM602 ADSL Modem from EBuyer that should arrive by tuesday of next week. But i have a little nagging question to ask.
The default IP address of the WGR614 is 192.168.0.1, which is what i expected. But what is the DM602's default IP? and how do i set up the two to work with each other if they both have the same IP address as a default?
Is the DM602 just a modem that can be set up via a windows interface? Or does it need to be configured internally?
As i have said i don't have the DM602 yet, but i was hoping to get some information on how to set these two netgear products together.
Any information on The DM602 would be greatly appreciated, and any one who has the same set up as me can you give me some pointers?

many thanks....

Lord Jago.

sturm

Splendid
You shouldnt have any problems. The modem will get an ip from your isp and the router will give out an ip to each computer. They shouldnt confict with each other.