Intels near future pricedrops revealed....

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
4300 goes down $50 to 113. Just wow!

Sucks having your main pc being your laptop :(
oh well at least I'm running some form of core 2 :p

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
Hell, they may as well give hem away.

If they get much cheaper I'll buy you one. I'll even include very detailed instructions on how to configure the BIOS program since that seems to be an issue for you on intel systems.

Come on Baron! with these upcoming prices, you know you want one! :D

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
I was really thinking the E4300 was the new overclocker's sweetspot, but it's hardly been cheaper than the E6300. The only reason to get the E4300 was the higher multiplier. Knowing that the price has been expected to drop significantly soon, I've seen little point in getting the E4300 chip just yet...

But now I see the Pentium E2140 coming up for $74. Man, I can't wait to see how well that overclocks. Are we going to be seeing $350 Core 2 dual-core systems that overclock to 3GHz on stock voltage and cooling in the next quarter? Just freaking awesome.

JuiceJones

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
Geez, I can't wait to see how much that 1mb of cache will affect performance on the new Pentium line. That has potential to be the 805 all over again, with twice the performance, half the heat, at nearly half the price.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Just got this info from a very well known Dutch site called Tweakers.net and it shows some very pleasant pricedrops at the 22nd of April.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/46129/Prijsverlaging-Core-2-op-22-april-Celeron-in-juni.html

If thats accurate.......it doesnt kick AMD in the behind, it shoves the whole boot right up the behind. And twists its. :cry:

FireWater

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Damn, it may be worth it to get the quad core. I was looking for when the price drops were gonna happen, it looks like its going to be a little later than I anticipated, but thats alirght.

What to get, the quad core and push it to 3.2, or a E6600 and push it to 3.2 HRMMMMMM

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006

What this means is that they are getting closer to clearing out the P4 inventory and moving products from the C2D line to align in the lower end of the market, likely to also begin making room for Penryn.

Imagine Baron -- a 6000+ class CPU for 224 bucks. :lol:

The 6000+ is going for 500-550 bucks on Froogle, this will need to drop to at least 250 by April 22.

Jack

odd... when AMD slashed there prices recently....and people said they were making room for the k10... they were attacked... not just here ...but in various forums

no attacks when INTEL seeming does the same thing

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
mm :eek: I got a dell xps 9150/400 with:

DualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
1 gyg of ram
Nvidia BFG 256mb 7800 OC

What do you suggest I do?
if I want to change my damn processor, which I do! I think I have to change my mother board and if I change my motherboard I have to change my case and if I change the case I have to change my psu 8O damn I hate dell, I wish I knew how bad was dell before buying it, but well if it wasnt for this dell I wouldn know all that I know now about computers, anyway what do you say guys? is there a mobo,psu,case, procesor cheap combo? :p

741171866392ry5.gif

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Just got this info from a very well known Dutch site called Tweakers.net and it shows some very pleasant pricedrops at the 22nd of April.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/46129/Prijsverlaging-Core-2-op-22-april-Celeron-in-juni.html

If thats accurate.......it doesnt kick AMD in the behind, it shoves the whole boot right up the behind. And twists its. :cry:

unless INTEL got its hands on a k10 and said " uh oh time to slash prices"

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

These prices are inline with what has leaked on other sites in the past.... so it is more confirming that revealing in my opinion:

These leaked last December:
http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=714230&starttime=0&endtime=0

Lol, yeah, I just didnt beleive them...or maybe I just dont want to believe them. Intel just isnt going to let AMD have 1 inch of breathing room.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

What this means is that they are getting closer to clearing out the P4 inventory and moving products from the C2D line to align in the lower end of the market, likely to also begin making room for Penryn.

The 6000+ is going for 500-550 bucks on Froogle, this will need to drop to at least 250 by April 22.

Jack

odd... when AMD slashed there prices recently....and people said they were making room for the k10... they were attacked... not just here ...but in various forums

Ummmm because anyone with an ounce of intelligence wasnt saying that as K10 was still 5 months away..duh.

Well then that would be quite the coo, as no one but a few AMD engineers have anything which remotely resembles what K10 will be when its released.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
mm :eek: I got a dell xps 9150/400 with:

DualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
1 gyg of ram
Nvidia BFG 256mb 7800 OC

What do you suggest I do?
if I want to change my damn processor, which I do! I think I have to change my mother board and if I change my motherboard I have to change my case and if I change the case I have to change my psu 8O damn I hate dell, I wish I knew how bad was dell before buying it, but well if it wasnt for this dell I wouldn know all that I know now about computers, anyway what do you say guys? is there a mobo,psu,case, procesor cheap combo? :p

741171866392ry5.gif

Dude, you got a Dell..what did you expect? Im sorry, really. Not poking fun at you, but Dell sucks. And the sad thing is, they're better than they ever have been.

Yes there are cheap combos...they're called barebone systems, but you get what you pay for.

Tell us how much you would be willing to spend. There are folks here who would price out a system for you component by component in a matter of minutes. But they need to know what your looking for in terms of price and capabilities.

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
4300 goes down $50 to 113. Just wow!

Sucks having your main pc being your laptop :(
oh well at least I'm running some form of core 2 :p

Yikes!

A E4300 @ $113 !!???

The E4300 benchmarks almost exactly halfway between the x2 4200+ and x2 4600+

What does this make an x2 3800+ - a $89 part?

just f&*king amazing!

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006

Jack

:) AMD is slashing prices to hold marketshare, this is obvious. It is not attacking to state the obvious. Personally, I believe AMD should hold their own and keep prices up and focus the extra capacity that would free up (due to lower volume) to working out a quick ramp on Barcelona.

My own take on Intel's price cuts at this point is to keep the pricing pressure on AMD.... Penryn is more or less an end of year launch so I should retract my point above as I think this through more.

If the rumors are true that Intel will launch a 45 nm quad server product in Q3, then I don't doubt that they are concerned about Barcelona ... a 45 nm 3.2-3.3 GHz Clovertown part will be hard to beat by a 2.3 GHz or even a 2.5 GHz barcelona chip (though is very rumored launch speed based on a oddly leaked launch roadmap).

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/3796_large_Opty-list.png

I am very weary and supsicious of this dailytech roadmap though as I typically find such 'leaks' more credible if they are of the same style, color, and logo markings as you typcially see from official presentations. So take the roadmap with a grain of salt.

Jack

i find it a lil ODD that INTEL makes this announcement days after the detailed die shots of the k10 hit the web....

INTEL knows to within 5 % how fast the k10 will be and are being very premptive

to me ... it makes no sense to rush out penryn when u kicking AMD in the teeth like this...

Intel knows something

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Agreed. If these numbers are accurate, IMO it's clear that Intel is trying to squeeze AMD. Stupid if you ask me...

Should Intel be the very first corporation in history to exercise mercy? :lol:

1000 pricing is interesting, but what really gets me is the difference between that pricing and the street pricing. Sometimes the street pricing is below that! How skinny are the retail/etail profit margins on CPUs anyway?

Threshold

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Agreed. If these numbers are accurate, IMO it's clear that Intel is trying to squeeze AMD. Stupid if you ask me...

Should Intel be the very first corporation in history to exercise mercy? :lol:

1000 pricing is interesting, but what really gets me is the difference between that pricing and the street pricing. Sometimes the street pricing is below that! How skinny are the retail/etail profit margins on CPUs anyway?

They already were.

Back when they made Netburst.

Wasn't that merciful of them? They let AMD lead for years! :wink:

[Note: I'm being extraneously sarcastic in this post. Thanks for not flaming me in advance, everyone.]

Threshold

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Relevant portions only quoted because it'd be 5x as long if I quoted everything.

Good sarcasm can be appreciated --- and this was good sarcasm :)

Thanks. :D I try.

I find this about as likely as AMD buying out Intel.

Jack, I love that quote. Mind if I gank it for my sig? You'll be in the Hall of Fame of quotables! :D

Anyway, I've got something you guys might find interesting and/or funny:
I made a prediction on another forum I belong to in late November (and it was a stupid prediction, but oh, it was also brilliant, if only because it was stupid!) that at some point in time down the road AMD would buy out Intel.

Oh, and the laughter that caused!

But I didn't put a definitive timeframe on it and the thing is you never know-however, we can be fairly positive it won't happen within the next three years. I really think it'd be funny if it DID happen, though. On the downside, then VIA would be the "competition"...

Okay, maybe it wouldn't be so funny after all.