Replace CPU with the exact same one!!!

Yrusoad

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Can i replace a C2D 6300 with the same model mabe different stepping without a reformat or any other problems.
and they both work.
Don't ask why i just gotta.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I once replaced a whole motherboard for the same CPU, and went through a nightmare of horrible startup times and ghost software removal, just because I did not want to reinstall just yet... eventually did that, but boy, my whole super personalized OS and ghost for it :( and me having had it clean almost since SP2 came along...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Can i replace a C2D 6300 with the same model mabe different stepping without a reformat or any other problems.
and they both work.
If I don't ask, then I just supose... you overclocked it till it now rests in peace :)

SSS_DDK

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
and they both work.
If I don't ask, then I just supose... you overclocked it till it now rests in peace :)

Now i really wanna know why

Yes, you can replace the processor with any other socket 775 processor, and it will work. This includes an identical processor or any others...

As was mentioned before in this thread, you would only have to reformat, reinstall if you changed out the chipset, thus changing the motherboard.

Yrusoad

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
some 1 else owns the processor and i want to have the entire computer to myself.

p.s. read the whole thread 1st i allready answered than