Password Restrictions

I am having trouble getting a GPO that I created today to give me the
desired results. My server is a Win2K and the workstation is a WinXP. The
GPO I created defines some Account policies. The trouble I am having is
with the enforce password complexity rule. I run gpedit.msc on the XP
machine and it shows the correct GPO settings but when I go to the server
and force user to change password at next logon, it ask me to change but it
does not enforce the rules. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks,
Preacher Man

I posted reply in Microsoft.public.security newsgroup. FYI try to use cross
posting in the future if you want to post to multiple newsgroups [use comma
to separate] so that the thread can be followed by all. --- Steve

http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/WhichNewgrp.htm
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm

"Preacher Man" <nospam> wrote in message
>I am having trouble getting a GPO that I created today to give me the
> desired results. My server is a Win2K and the workstation is a WinXP.
> The
> GPO I created defines some Account policies. The trouble I am having is
> with the enforce password complexity rule. I run gpedit.msc on the XP
> machine and it shows the correct GPO settings but when I go to the server
> and force user to change password at next logon, it ask me to change but
> it
> does not enforce the rules. Does anyone have any idea on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Preacher Man

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know how to do that.