  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2005 10:12:01 PM

I have an old computer that someone long ago installed an admin password
which I cannot clear out. Any suggestions on how to reset it without dumping
the OS.

More about : resetting admin password

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2005 10:19:24 PM

techace wrote:
> I have an old computer that someone long ago installed an admin password
> which I cannot clear out. Any suggestions on how to reset it without dumping
> the OS.

Hi Techace,

What operating system is this computer running? This may be of help:

http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/atips262.shtml

Sincerely,

Benjamin Johnstone-Anderson
Microsoft MVP, Windows Security