resetting admin password

I have an old computer that someone long ago installed an admin password
which I cannot clear out. Any suggestions on how to reset it without dumping
the OS.
1 answer Last reply
More about resetting admin password

    techace wrote:
    > I have an old computer that someone long ago installed an admin password
    > which I cannot clear out. Any suggestions on how to reset it without dumping
    > the OS.

    Hi Techace,

    What operating system is this computer running? This may be of help:

    http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/atips262.shtml

    Sincerely,

    Benjamin Johnstone-Anderson
    Microsoft MVP, Windows Security