Server not configured for transactions

I receive this message on a workstation until I enter "net share IPC$"
on the Win2000 server.

What do I have to do to make this automatic at Windows 2000 startup.
Prefer this before any user logon at server.

Thanks in advance to all. Rich

For one thing scan for malware as that is a possible symptom. The other
thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall [ after reboot] file and print
sharing. If that does not work try to uninstall and reinstall tcp/ip though
on a domain controller that can be a fairly complicated process. The link
below shows how to do such for a non domain controller. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=285034

"Hosehead" <richbu@netzero.net> wrote in message
>I receive this message on a workstation until I enter "net share IPC$"
> on the Win2000 server.
>
> What do I have to do to make this automatic at Windows 2000 startup.
> Prefer this before any user logon at server.
>
> Thanks in advance to all. Rich

Thanks for the expert advice.
Found five: BackDoor.Flood in bootvid.dll, javaprxy.dll, mapisrvr.exe,
and winfax.com, and Generic in dialup.bat

Moving all five files to Vault seems to have solved my problem.
Thanks again...... Rich

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:59:49 -0500, "Steven L Umbach"
<n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote:

>For one thing scan for malware as that is a possible symptom. The other
>thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall [ after reboot] file and print
>sharing. If that does not work try to uninstall and reinstall tcp/ip though
>on a domain controller that can be a fairly complicated process. The link
>below shows how to do such for a non domain controller. --- Steve
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=285034
>
>"Hosehead" <richbu@netzero.net> wrote in message
>>I receive this message on a workstation until I enter "net share IPC$"
>> on the Win2000 server.
>>
>> What do I have to do to make this automatic at Windows 2000 startup.
>> Prefer this before any user logon at server.
>>
>> Thanks in advance to all. Rich

Glad you got it to work and thanks for reporting back. If you have not read
it yet I highly recommend Microsoft's free download Antivirus in Depth Guide
which can help you on how to detect, repair, and prevent malware on your
network. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F24A8CE3-63A4-45A1-97B6-3FEF52F63ABB&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/default.mspx --- another great
resource.