Spyware or virus?

I have been having some trouble with two programs running. I delete them and
use hijackthis and make sure they are gone from startup. I then go into the
registry and delete them, after which I reboot and delete the executables in
c:\winnt and c:\winnt\system32 they mysteriously reappear the next day I am
running norton antivirus corporate edition. The name of the 2 files are
noadsense.exe, and rnaapp2.exe a search of google shows up nothing. Can
anyone shed some light on these?

I also might add that Microsoft antispyware program and the norton antivirus
both fail to pick it up.
"Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message
> I have been having some trouble with two programs running. I delete them
and
> use hijackthis and make sure they are gone from startup. I then go into
the
> registry and delete them, after which I reboot and delete the executables
in
> c:\winnt and c:\winnt\system32 they mysteriously reappear the next day I
am
> running norton antivirus corporate edition. The name of the 2 files are
> noadsense.exe, and rnaapp2.exe a search of google shows up nothing. Can
> anyone shed some light on these?

There is a lot of this stuff going around in that the malware/parasite is
generating random names/processes and keeps spawning itself again. First
make sure that your programs that you use are absolutely up to date with the
latest definitions and try a second opinion such as Trend Micro Sysclean. It
may also help to boot into safe mode to try and make repairs and scan the
computer. I would also run the current version of cwshredder and AdAware SE
on your computer. You may also want to post in a newsgroup dedicated to
viruses and/or spyware. --- Steve

http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp --- Sysclean
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp --- Sysclean pattern file in
..zip format
--- AdAware SE
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/CWShredder.shtml
-- CWShredder

"Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message
>I have been having some trouble with two programs running. I delete them
>and
> use hijackthis and make sure they are gone from startup. I then go into
> the
> registry and delete them, after which I reboot and delete the executables
> in
> c:\winnt and c:\winnt\system32 they mysteriously reappear the next day I
> am
> running norton antivirus corporate edition. The name of the 2 files are
> noadsense.exe, and rnaapp2.exe a search of google shows up nothing. Can
> anyone shed some light on these?

Thanks Steve,
I will give you and update after trying these. Also I can post the hijack
this log if need be.
> There is a lot of this stuff going around in that the malware/parasite is
> generating random names/processes and keeps spawning itself again. First
> make sure that your programs that you use are absolutely up to date with
the
> latest definitions and try a second opinion such as Trend Micro Sysclean.
It
> may also help to boot into safe mode to try and make repairs and scan the
> computer. I would also run the current version of cwshredder and AdAware
SE
> on your computer. You may also want to post in a newsgroup dedicated to
> viruses and/or spyware. --- Steve
>
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp --- Sysclean
> http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp --- Sysclean pattern file
in
> .zip format

> --- AdAware SE

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/CWShredder.shtml
> -- CWShredder
>

> "Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message
> >I have been having some trouble with two programs running. I delete them
> >and
> > use hijackthis and make sure they are gone from startup. I then go into
> > the
> > registry and delete them, after which I reboot and delete the
executables
> > in
> > c:\winnt and c:\winnt\system32 they mysteriously reappear the next day I
> > am
> > running norton antivirus corporate edition. The name of the 2 files are
> > noadsense.exe, and rnaapp2.exe a search of google shows up nothing. Can
> > anyone shed some light on these?

Sounds good. As far as Hijack This logs you probably would be better off
also posting in a forum or newsgroup specific for such. If you Google for
"hijack this logs" or such you should find plenty. I would be happy to take
a look but others can spot problems right away as they are used to looking
at them often. You also may want to check for malicious BHO's with
something like BHODemon. -- Steve

http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm --- link to BHODemon.
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm --- tips on parasites.