[PW] Hoenndings (Was Zig Zag-oon)

(OOC: LMFAO You thought that was a BAD post?? No, it's not the
greatest, but I think it was flippin funny! XD)

"A band...yup..." Amber held the phone in numb hands, trying to mask
the boredom on her face as her granmum rambled on about her party.

"See Elisabeth, your mother--"

"Uh huh."

"--mentioned this Bard fellow to me. Said he was spettaklar, with his
little pokemons doing the instrumentals. I, being the kind and
charitable soul I am, who's always willing to try something new--"

"Uh huh."

"--decided I may as well try this fellow." The woman's eyes seemed to
screw up tight into her head for a moment and then she blinked
owlishly and pursed her ancient, painted lips. "Have you eaver heard
of this guy?"

Amber perked up slightly and grinned. "Ah yeah, I've seen him around,
crossed his path a few tim--"

Her gran cut her off to further her inquiry. "Oh? And what is he like?
Is he a niceboy or one o them rocker types, the yahoos who run around
like idiots?"

"He's a nice guy," she muttered, trying to avoid the fact that he ran
around like an idiot somewhat often. "See, gr--"

"I see, that's good. I would much prefer a nice, DECENT boy at my
party than another of those Led Zepplin types."

"Uh huh." Amber sighed, her responses again reduced to indifferent
affirmatives.

"My party, Amber darling, is in a month, to this day. Don't forget the
gift."

"Uh huh."

"Not that I'm rude like that, to demand a gift, but you're
grandfather's dead you know. He died raising you."

"YES, Gran, I know," Amber shot, suddenly angry that her grandmother
brought that up. It wasn't HER fault she had visited him and he
tripped and broke his skull. She tried to push the fact that it had
been SHE he had tripped over in the first place out of her head.

"No need to get snippy now," her Gran gave a sickening grin that
exposed her pearly dentures. "Now now, we all know you didn't mean--"

"Yes, we all know, Gran. What would you LIKE for your compensation
Anniversary gift?"

"Oh...I'm looking for another to add to my collection. A...what is
it...one of those 'Caterpies' are they? Oh do be a dear and bring me
one. I know you can."

"Yes, Gran, I'll try." Amber fought the urge to roll her eyes on the
vidphone. "Caterpie. Right."

"Well I shall see you there. Bring me that bug. Goodbye!" The image of
the squat old woman decked out in pearls and jewels disappeared.

Amber shouted in frustration at the payphone; the greedy, overbearing
lady was never kind to Amber, and constantly maintained that Amber
should bebe eternally punished for the accidental death of her
grandfather. She constantly gloated over her own wealth but never
shared it unless required, and was quite attracted to people who could
gain her social status. Being her only granddaughter, and having been
born into a lower-middle class family with almost no social merits,
she was not high on the woman's favor list. Not that Amber cared, mind
you. She knew it would be against her family's wishes to skip this
party if it were avoidable. She knew also that the trip from Newbark
to Hoenn was too far for their little family to make.

"Well...home." She reached down and picked up her groceries, and laden
down, returned down the streets to the hotel they were staying at. She
wondered vaguely how Jason was doing.

Just as she turned the corner of the street the inn was on, something
small, brown, furry, and giggly shot past, and she swore she heard a
"goo-goo-goo" coming from it. She watched the shrieking blur dash down
the street and wondered what Jason had done to excite Zig Zag so.

----

With a sharp rap on the door, she entered the room in which Jason and
she were staying. When he looked up, she held up her groceries and red
out the receipt which she had gripped in one hand along with the bag
handles. "Frozen Pizzas 14", 2; Ramen, Chicken, 10; Cola, 6 pk, 1; Hot
Water Thermos, 1." She grinned widely.

TBC
Not the best stopping place I admit...

~Amber, posthumously

kitsunenoasobi@hotmail.com (Amber) wrote in message news:<df411eb.0406222315.6ee3a354@posting.google.com>...

> With a sharp rap on the door, she entered the room in which Jason and
> she were staying. When he looked up, she held up her groceries and red
> out the receipt which she had gripped in one hand along with the bag
> handles. "Frozen Pizzas 14", 2; Ramen, Chicken, 10; Cola, 6 pk, 1; Hot
> Water Thermos, 1." She grinned widely.

....and was nearly killed as she was leapt upon by 4 pokemon and 1
human.

"FOOOOD!" was the immediate concensus as the bag was ripped from her
hands the contents quickly distributed, with relatively little
bloodshed this time. The bodies part with thier spoils, to reveal the
pitiful remains of a broken and battered Amber on the floor. A
spotlight shines on her, and lone tear escapes her eye as she breathes
her last breath, letting the sweet embrace of death overtake her...

"Amber!" Jason swept Amber up in his arms in a huge hug, ruining her
dramatic moment. "You're back! And with food!" With a quick squeeze,
he sits her down and pulls some of the ramen out of Miami's grasp.

10 minutes later, the band was finishing up the last of Amber's
groceries. Jason pushed another slice of pizza in Amber's face, which
she reluctantly turned away from. "Nuh uh. You filled me up on ramen."

Jason grinned at her. "Yep, that makes more for me." He took a bite of
the pizza and smiled at her as he chewed. She giggled and kissed his
cheek.

"So..." Amber sighed, standing up, "What ideas did you guys come up
with?" Jason and his band all looked at each other, then away
guiltily. Amber tapped her foot impatiently.

"You didn't think of anything? You guys! I left you here for all of 30
minutes! You have to have something!"

Ella glared at her. "Step off, girl! I'll bet you didn't come up with
anything!"

Amber returned the glare. "Of course I did! How about a...uh..." she
blinked and glanced at Jason worriedly, realizing she HADN'T thought
of anything. Ella crossed her arms and waited. "Oh, what're they
called..." she looked skywards, buying time to think of something.
Jason sat there blinking in semi-confusion.

"Private boats!" she suddenly blurted, surprising everyone. Amber
smiled, fairly pleased with her quick thinking.

"Girl...that's lame. 'Private boats'? Who can forget that name..."
Amber stuck out her lip and sulked over to Jason's lap, where she
curled up and clung to her rock star.

Wolfgang finished swallowing him ramen and spoke up. "Quite a pretty
pound, a private boat would be, eh? Have we got the funds to spare?"
Everyone automatically looked to DJ. The Chansey rolled his eyes.

"What? You expect me to automatically know everything about the
group's finances?"

"YES!"

"Fine...no. We only have $14 bucks left, in fact. We just eating half
of it." Everyone looked longingly at the remnants of their meals,
suddenly realizing it could be the last one they have for a while...

"Wait a tick..." Amber straightened up, "How will we pay the hotel
charge with only $14?" Everyone looked to Jason.

....who was happily counting the hair in his bangs. As they watched he
counted out what looked like 250, felt them staring at him, and slowly
turned to meet their gaze. "Sorry...what?"

Amber cuffed his ears. "Pay attention! We don't have enough money to
pay for our hotel room."

Jason's eyes widened. "Maybe I shouldn't have eaten everything in the
mini-fridge, then. Ow!" Amber cuffed him again.

Rivet cracked his knuckles. "You want I should mess em up, boss? If
that English priss gives us any trouble..."

"I say!"

"Not you, Wolfgang."

"Oh. Carry on then."

"Nobody's getting messed up." Amber glared at the both of them. "We
just need to figure out someway to make the money so we can stay in
the hote--"

She was interrupted by a loud slam on the window...

TBC...

This was about half of what I wanted to get written...but it's late
and the post is getting fairly long. I hate long posts.

--Marco262, the ferret with a weakness for Wild Cherry Pepsi

<monstrous snip>
> She was interrupted by a loud slam on the window...

She broke off her words, startled, and stared over at the glass that
seperated their room from the outside world.

The outside world, which in fact seemed to have become an endless sea
of yellow.

Blink. Pause. Ponder. Confusion.

"Why is it yellow outside?" she questioned the table, who obviously
didn't notice the noise for the scrabbling for crumbs and crust they
were all immersed in. Jason thwacked Rivet soundly on his helmet and
grabbed the pizza crust in question, obviously not having heard
Amber's inquiry. With a sigh of exasperation, she rose from the table
and headed cautiously across the room towards the pane.

A flat plane of yellow met her gaze: no sky, no buildings, no value
change....just yellow. What the hell--?

Placing her hands on the moulding (OOC: is that the right word for the
window frame? o_O my brain's shot so i can't remember ....), she tried
to gaze into the distance -- was there a distance? -- and hopefully
see something to clue her in as to what was going on.

WUMP WUMP WUMP!

A small brown paw slammed repeatedly on the window, followed by an
angry chittering. Ah. That was the clue. She slid open the window and
Zig Zag perched on the sill, squealing with delight and conveying to
Amber that she had solved their problems. She then proceeded to run
over to Jason and climb up his leg. Spraying crumbs from startlement
stemming from his obliviousness towards the situation, Jason stumbled
up and over, hitting the floor with a thump.

"AUGHGETTITOF----oh....hi Zig Zag..." He paused. "Didn't i send you on
an errand?"

"Goon zig goon!!" she chirped, pawing at his pants.

"Oh you finished did you?" he repeated.

"Zooon!"

"uh ....." He eyed Amber. "....later....ok?"

The rodent growled and hissed but when the pokeball snapped onto her
head, she ceased sputtering and the room was fairly silent for a few
moments.

"...so...why is it yellow outside again?" Amber questioned the silent
crowd. The group shrugged.

They approached the balcony and saw that in fact there was a huge
yellow hot air balloon slowly deflating before their eyes. Apparently
the Zigzagoon had piloted the thing away from whatever air field she
had stolen it by periodically hanging from the fire chain and dropping
to the basket when it got too high. Amber noted that a few ballast
bags were missing as well from the basket she could just see under the
balloon with its slowly depleting air.

"That's...a big balloon," Jason stuttered, trying to pull himself back
up on his bad leg. Amber chuckled and hurried over to help him, but
was beaten to it by the nearer band members. Ella and Miami each
grabbed and arm and heaved their lead singer to his feet and there he
stood unsteadily, with an uncertain grin on his face. Amber tried to
quell a sudden feeling of jealousy that sprang up, which she new was
silly and unfounded, but she was jealous nonetheless. She forced a
smile at them and thanked them then returned to the window. She
couldn't forget that /they/ were part of his life too, she berated
herself.

While Amber's moral conflict went on, Jason stared awkwardly at the
balloon. "So where'd the little ah heck get it??"

Amber blinked and looked up. "Uh..I don't know. Why don't you ask
her?"

"...uh...o...k...." Jason muttered uncertainly, not sure how Zig Zag
would take to being out of her ball what with his favor still pending.

TBC
.....*snickers*....

> Amber gave him a smile. "I know just the place..."

The day turned to night and they floated over the ocean. The couple
dozed while Rivet maintained his Flamethrower and occasionally paused
to let the balloon sink again, eat a Softboiled egg, and refuel
himself. The stars twinkled overhead, looking over the illuminated
yellow bulb that drifted between Johto and Hoenn. Never mind that they
didn't know exactly where they were going: it was peaceful there.

Rivet started up his fire again and coughed and winced, the flame
spurting out almost unconciously as he lowered his head. Jason nudged
him with his foot. "Keep going, Rivet. You're doin great," he murmured
dazedly.

<Hey, boss-man, my throat is truly raw,> Rivet choked, swatting
angrily at Jason's foot.

"And if you don't keep going, we'll drift into the ocean," Amber
retorted with a yawn. "Eat some more Softboiled. It'll help."

Rivet badtemperedly snatched an egg from DJ and tore into it, eating
the wholesome food and allowing his throat to calm down.

"Would you feel better if you had some help?" Amber asked.

<That'd be sweet,> Rivet replied, massaging his throat. Amber dropped
two pokeballs on the woven surface of the basket and her two fire
pokemon materialized.

Darkfang dipped his head to Amber and tilted his head as Velocity
leaped onto his back and barked, waving her three tails happily.

"'ey Fang, help Rivet keep the balloon aloft, kay? Velocity you help
too, but tone it down or you'll hurt yourself," Amber instructed,
resting her head on Jason shoulder. Velocity growled in protest but
followed instructions anywho. Between the three of them, they were
able to endure much better. Amber fumbled on her belt and tossed out
another pokeball, this time with Cyan, her natu, materializing.

<What's up?> Cyan chirped. <Anyone need a Psychic butt-kicking?>

"Nope...just need you to help propel the balloon," Amber responded.

<Eh??>

Amber pulled a rope out of Jason's pack and looped it into a harness,
and threw it around her. Tying it to a weave in the basket, she threw
Cyan out. Cyan squawked and flapped, beginning to pull the balloon in
a more certain direction. "Use your homing instincts," Amber yawned.
"We're trying to find Hoenn...specifically Mauville."

"Mauville?" Jason questioned.

"That's where I intend to get us some clothes...and I'll trade for a
Caterpie. Or something. It's just south of where you want to go. You
can't miss it...two huge mansions, one red and one white. Gran's is
the red one. It has sculpted bushes out front and ponyta stables out
back."

"Ahkay..." he murmured, dropping off to sleep again. She pecked his
cheek, bid him goodnight, and followed him into slumber.

----------------------

"You sure?"

"Yeah; we have to get this stuff and you're due there at a specific
time. Oh! Don't forget to call Wemmick and let him know you're in,
kay?"

Jason hugged Amber tightly and kissed her, ruffling her hair.
"Well...ok...I'll be waiting for you at the mansion, alright?'

"I'll be there soon enough. Don't worry!" She smiled at him, returned
his kiss, and pecked him on the cheek. "When you arrive, be cordial
and polite. Don't make any crude jokes, act urbane and witty. She'll
be sure to love you!" She turned and padded onto the cement that lead
into Mauville, glancing back over her shoulder at Jason who stood
uncertainly in front of the balloon. "Don't worry," she repeated;
"You'll do fine. I have your measurements here so I can get you a
suit. I'll see you tomorrow!" She waved, blew a kiss, and trotted off.
Jason climbed into the balloon and Fang, Velocity, and Rivet blew
upwards while Cyan pulled. Soon they had left Mauville behind.

"Alright...now to get down to business!" Amber clapped her hands
together, eyed the city, and ventured forth.

TBC

~Amber, the funny bunny who'll free your life

Waka Laka make you fly!!!!