Active Directory User Groups

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 13, 2005 1:01:04 PM

We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It was
brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is there a
tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
Windows Server 2003.
Thanks
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:48:40 PM

In Active Directory Users and Computers examine the membership of these
groups - administrators, domain admins, and enterprise admins. Remove
users/groups that should not be members including the Faculty Group. You can
also use Group Policy Restricted Groups to enforce and maintain membership
of domain and local groups on domain computers. --- Steve

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
--- Restricted Groups.

"mwcanton" <mwcanton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It was
> brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is there a
> tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
> Windows Server 2003.
> Thanks
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:48:41 PM

Steve,

Thanks very much .........

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> In Active Directory Users and Computers examine the membership of these
> groups - administrators, domain admins, and enterprise admins. Remove
> users/groups that should not be members including the Faculty Group. You can
> also use Group Policy Restricted Groups to enforce and maintain membership
> of domain and local groups on domain computers. --- Steve
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
> --- Restricted Groups.
>
> "mwcanton" <mwcanton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It was
> > brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is there a
> > tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
> > Windows Server 2003.
> > Thanks

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:24:12 PM

Glad to help. In case you check back you may find the link below helpful on
security basics. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/support/computer... ---
Microsoft small business security guidance.

!