Active Directory User Groups

We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It was
brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is there a
tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
Windows Server 2003.
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about active directory user groups

    In Active Directory Users and Computers examine the membership of these
    groups - administrators, domain admins, and enterprise admins. Remove
    users/groups that should not be members including the Faculty Group. You can
    also use Group Policy Restricted Groups to enforce and maintain membership
    of domain and local groups on domain computers. --- Steve

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/611.asp
    --- Restricted Groups.

    "mwcanton" <mwcanton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It was
    > brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is there a
    > tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
    > Windows Server 2003.
    > Thanks

    Steve,

    Thanks very much .........

    "Steven L Umbach" wrote:

    > In Active Directory Users and Computers examine the membership of these
    > groups - administrators, domain admins, and enterprise admins. Remove
    > users/groups that should not be members including the Faculty Group. You can
    > also use Group Policy Restricted Groups to enforce and maintain membership
    > of domain and local groups on domain computers. --- Steve
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/611.asp
    > --- Restricted Groups.
    >
    > "mwcanton" <mwcanton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It was
    > > brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is there a
    > > tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
    > > Windows Server 2003.
    > > Thanks

    Glad to help. In case you check back you may find the link below helpful on
    security basics. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/support/computer-security.mspx ---
    Microsoft small business security guidance.

    > Steve,
    >
    > Thanks very much .........
    >
    > "Steven L Umbach" wrote:
    >
    >> In Active Directory Users and Computers examine the membership of these
    >> groups - administrators, domain admins, and enterprise admins. Remove
    >> users/groups that should not be members including the Faculty Group. You
    >> can
    >> also use Group Policy Restricted Groups to enforce and maintain
    >> membership
    >> of domain and local groups on domain computers. --- Steve
    >>
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/611.asp
    >> --- Restricted Groups.
    >>
    >> "mwcanton" <mwcanton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > We have a Faculy Group that contains all our teacher user accounts. It
    >> > was
    >> > brought to my attension that they all have Domain Admin rights. Is
    >> > there a
    >> > tool that I can use to strip that entire group of Domain Admin rights.
    >> > Windows Server 2003.
    >> > Thanks

Domain Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Windows