Use CPU-Z and check your PCI-e link width. I'd put money on it being x1, it's a bug on the P5B Deluxe where it gets stuck at x1 instead of x16 when overclocking, but only after one restart for some reason.
There's a few solutions that work for some people, most commonly upping the PCI-e frequency from 100 one step at a time until it goes back to x16. Upping the NB voltage works for some too.
Unfortunately none of these work for me, I have to go back to stock settings then reload my OC profile every time. This is annoying so I'm staying at stock till a new BIOS fixes the issue.
Thermaltake big typhoon keeps em cool enough I think. Idle = 32~35 C
Full load with TAT and orthos 56~58.
I dont think temps are that bad.
Spot on bru. That sorta relieved me when i checked but like u said, problem still to be resolved. CPU-Z shows Link widthx1. That sucks a bit but look into nb voltages. Tried the pci-e frequency but even upping 1mhz dont allow me to boot.
BTW, your bios version is???
I am @ 1040
I'm on 0804, I've done a bit of research into this and the issue seems to be present with most BIOS versions, hopefully they'll fix it soon as a lot of people are having the same issue! It's annoying that in a board that is often highly recommended for overclocking, I've yet to see a review that acknowledges this bug.
Another thing that seems to have worked for some people is setting the PEG link width thing (can't remember what it's called exactly) to FAST or FASTEST, but again not all solutions work for everybody.
adjust your memory or raise you Vmem - raise your latency's - u clocked both and you memory is the problem most likely
This isn't one of the solutions that gets suggested often for this bug, but oddly enough once when I was overclocking before I'd spotted or heard of this bug, my framerates in games dropped dramatically, and I tried a lot of things to sort it out, and the one thing that worked eventually was loosening the latencies on my memory.
However, two caveats should be added- I never checked the link width when this happened so I can't be 100% sure that was the problem, and also I have since tried doing the same thing when the link width sticks at x1 and it hasn't worked.
It looks like it's quite random what actually sorts this out! Last night I deliberately induced the bug, and tried every known solution, including all at once, and nothing worked.
However I think I've found the max oc I can sustain without the bug kicking in, which is 2.8Ghz, which is ok for me for now.