Core 2 Duo E6600 vs AMD 5200+

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007

whats the benefits of either in terms of performance, overclockability, and power/heat and price.

whats the point on asking this when you already have 6600?
In any case , it wins in all the above.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Make a bet, street racing style, looser looses machine. A friend of mine did that once, Opteron versus Xeon, but did not take the badly beaten Xeon machine afterwards... Give it a challenge, who finishes faster a certain thing that can be measured :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

whats the benefits of either in terms of performance, overclockability, and power/heat and price.
Well, since a bunch of sites have just received/reviewed the x2 6000+, and it's pretty-much neck and neck with the E6600....you can imagine where the 5200+ places. :wink:

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

whats the benefits of either in terms of performance, overclock-ability, and power/heat and price.

whats the point on asking this when you already have 6600?
In any case , it wins in all the above.

You might notice the amd cult is very protective of any negative comments made about their demigod cpu's - so you are warned. Or you face harsh criticism like me and be labeled an "Intel Fandboy"

Bottom line e6600 vs fx-60 at the same clock speed outperforms, runs cooler , uses less energy, can overclocked higher, better compatibility with prior and existing chips (single and quad work i nthe same boards), bigger selection of mobos (chipsets), more newer upgrades coming up sooner. (5200+ is an fx-60 in am2 cloths)

5200+ is cheaper and runs cooler!

comments such as "whats the point" - well you stated clearly your point! Your friend says amd is better - and you want to know the truth - not the cult message " amd has been the best for 3 years" thats the big lie. Regardless today amd is falling fruther behind. AMD is banking on their new quad core - which looks pretty dam good!

Why do they not want to discuss the facts -- i think its because AMTI people (thats pronounced Amaddy - i am not happy about amd buying ATI) are cult like.

FACT: The e6600 will blow the doors off the fx-60 (similar priced chip) in fact probably all amd dual core chips when tuned to 3.2ghz - that's just the facts. AMD people have been brainwashed by the main stream media that always favors the under dog or little guy. X2 released in 5/05 was the best chip and until 7/06 C2D release.

Core 2 duo =Better gaming, faster encoding and as always better real world multi-tasking. In test after after test. Don't get me wrong AMD chips work great - they are just second place.

Take the new 6000 chip - 125 watts ouch the same as QX6700 which had twice as many faster cores. Or the 4X4 which requirers double the power (250w) of QX6700 and it sound likes an airplane air system blowing on high.

AMD claims the on die memory controller will give them the lead back - late 2007. Much of this is true - but the numbers show it does not help enough we will see in late 2007.

FX-60 is a good deal at $300 but e6600 is better. Old 939 socket.
FX-62 is am2 now you got get new ram. It wont fit in the 4x4 either. 775 - quad or dual they both work even single chips - amd you got an old single core you need 754.

The fx-70 4x4 is a good deal on a quad core system - i do recommend it on price only - but you need a bigger psu, a better case since its 125w hotter. Then your are stuck with limited board options and bad cooling (loud fans) make it second rate too - q6600 is better.

I am sure intel will duplicate the xeon and release a 3ghz quad on 1333 bus or faster - so that will give the new amd quad core chips something to contend with. This may even give intel the crown when amds "true quad" core - like it maters whether you have 2 or 1 core for a quad.

Intel's packaging of 2 chips allows better sorting and matching too. This results in higher end products and a larger product line from the same production.

So tell your friend he been brain washed by the AMTI cult!

I got slammed again so I guess I just take another shot back!

New #1 Intel Fanboy

ps: i am building a 4x4 too!

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
You might notice the amd cult is very protective of any negative comments made about their demigod cpu's - so you are warned. Or you face harsh criticism like me and be labeled an "Intel Fandboy"

What i have noticed is that anyone having a different opinion than the poster could be easily called a fanboi.Dont know if this applies here,thats why i asked.Sooner or later everyone might be called a fanboi.

halbhh

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

The 5200 is competition for the e6400 in performance and price, not the e6600, as I understand.

What i have noticed is that anyone having a different opinion than the poster could be easily called a fanboi.Dont know if this applies here,thats why i asked.Sooner or later everyone might be called a fanboi.

:lol: so people that dont agree with you are... 'fanboi's'?

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
:lol: so people that dont agree with you are... 'fanboi's'?

I will never call someone a fanboi for having a different opinion even though sometimes its obvious.But you know there are people who look at posts for those little things so they can call you that.And you know your post looks suspicius..... :wink:

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
yes i would agree - i wrote that when i just woke up after only 2-3 hours sleep - its looks pretty insane!

I got a few days to kill between builds and parts - facts are clear! - funny thing is i purchased more amti chips this month! (5 fx-60's a semdog 3500+ and a very nice am2 4200+ - o ya and a fx-62 on its way)

my ban is coming!

IFB "amti is always #2"

endyen

Splendid
I think you probably have the better chip. Truth is though, if you cheaped out on the rest of your system, while he went top of the pile, he may be more than a little competetive.
If you do go pinkslip, dont let him pick the benchies. I'm pretty sure any real amd fan could come up with 4 or more benches where the 5200 beats the 6600.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Once I read ad THG that if you post anything similar to AMD or Intel in any forum you could start a flame war. At the time Intel was still wining on some enconding and multitasking, but as long as Core came along, thing quieted down it seems. I can't wait to see what computer science will bring along. The native quad core of AMD and the 8 core systems with it are a thing to be looking forward to, aren't they?

Once I read ad THG that if you post anything similar to AMD or Intel in any forum you could start a flame war. At the time Intel was still wining on some enconding and multitasking, but as long as Core came along, thing quieted down it seems. I can't wait to see what computer science will bring along. The native quad core of AMD and the 8 core systems with it are a thing to be looking forward to, aren't they?

theres the thing, looking foward to a paper launch, intel has quad cores already, and 8 cores, intel has done that in a 'gaming' system to spite amd in a way (altho no one would ever have one etc)

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
The 5600+ and the 6000+ both trade blows with the E6600. Obviously, the 6000+ does better. It sits right between the E6600 and E6700 in price and performance, so it's not a bad buy at all if someone wants to support AMD. Not really the best choice overall, though.

I wonder if any parts with defective cache will end up being sold as 5800+.