Trouble installing WSUS

hi every one
i am running windows 2000 server and wanted to install WSUS on it. when i
run the setup it gives me an error saying that BITS 2.0 was not found as it
is the pre requsite for WSUS. Now i have installed the BITS twice and even re
started the system but the error persists.
Can some one provide some information on this
--
Regards,
Vinayak Sharma

Does the service show up in Services? And is it set to Manual or
Disabled?

Regards,

Patty

Vanilla

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2005

hi
you can try repairing your Os first
zx

"Vinayak Sharma" <VinayakSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi every one
> i am running windows 2000 server and wanted to install WSUS on it. when i
> run the setup it gives me an error saying that BITS 2.0 was not found as
it
> is the pre requsite for WSUS. Now i have installed the BITS twice and even
re
> started the system but the error persists.
> Can some one provide some information on this
> --
> Regards,
> Vinayak Sharma
> IT Support
> (Entity Solutions Pty Ltd)

Have you visited Windows Update after you installed BITS ?
and then ideally upgraded to use of Microsoft Update ?

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)