Help choosing case...

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I need to get new case, mostly because my entire rig temp. (CPU, GPU, system) is too high for my taste. I'm all new to case world so if anyone knows good case that'll fit my needs, please do advise me....
1. Good air flow- most important
2. not loud
3. transparent side panel (me like eye-candy)
4. not too complicated to install
5. Front panel system & cpu temp. monitoring
6. midi tower, of course...

Anyone knows a case like this, a nice quality product?

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I need to get new case, mostly because my entire rig temp. (CPU, GPU, system) is too high for my taste. I'm all new to case world so if anyone knows good case that'll fit my needs, please do advise me....
1. Good air flow- most important
2. not loud
3. transparent side panel (me like eye-candy)
4. not too complicated to install
5. Front panel system & cpu temp. monitoring
6. midi tower, of course...

Anyone knows a case like this, a nice quality product?

Check out the Lian Li line. I have a couple of their smaller ATX cases with removable mobo trays and they are very nice to work with. The designs are simple but some can be had with transparent side panels. Look at the PC61B for example. Newegg has a big selection and have sales often.

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Well I went to my suplier yesterday, here's the linky with possible choices, manufacturers are on the left:

http://www.links.hr/index.php?option=katList&page=topartikli&id_kategorija=0526&PHPSESSID=9057ce1332156e5a86939e7647e2021e

Maybe someone of you guys could take a look?
Site is in Croatian, but nevermind that...case names are case names..

I thought Sunbeam or Thermaltake but they gor really upset...lousy quality they say...big no-no! And they look so nice...
They reccomend Coolermaster Centurion 534 or Sharkoon Rebel Value edition....but they're kinda ugly.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
8O The Kandalf has a net weight of 18 KG; might me a bit more quiet but I'd not want to be in your place if you had to move it. I'd rather go for the Armor; only 7.5KG and still has very decent ventilation (I doubt there's something performing much better than a couple of 120mm fans; they will take ALL the necessary hott air out of it).
EDIT:The Armor also looks much more sexy :wink:

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
That's because they are supposed to vibrate less because of the thicker layer of metal, however, the Armor's design gets rid of much of THAT vibrating metal on the sides, so it should be just fine.

loxPL

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
Kandalf and Armor are almost the same - the only difference is the front "door". Only the silver Armor weighs 7.5kg, the black one also weighs +/- 16kg. I know, because I have the black one ;) And to the OP - take the Armor with a 25cm fan if you can find one, you'll have some serious airflow ;)

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Kandalf and Armor are almost the same - the only difference is the front "door". Only the silver Armor weighs 7.5kg, the black one also weighs +/- 16kg. I know, because I have the black one ;) And to the OP - take the Armor with a 25cm fan if you can find one, you'll have some serious airflow ;)

25 cm fan? That one doesn't come by default?
Wich one, front, top or rear? Rear I assume...

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

25 cm fan? That one doesn't come by default?
Wich one, front, top or rear? Rear I assume...

Wow, you've really moved up in budget and scope. Look around, the Kandalf has been completely redesigned and to me it's much better looking in it's new threads. CPU magazine just reviewed the water cooled option on the Kandalf and loved it. I've got the black (steel) version of the Armor that I use as a server and it is an excellent case. I have the 25cm door fan option and it helped significantly my cooling situation. I have an OC'ed 4400+, 2 opticals and 8 HDs and the 25cm door fan knocked temps down significantly. Quiet too.

In the price range you're now looking, there are many excellent cases. Take the time to look around and check out the competition.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Yep, but that is more or less for high power systems with serious heat issues (dual socket) or extreme overclocks; for anything normal, the two 120mm fans will be just fine.

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
Those are Armor JUNIOR. They are midi towers and none of them has the 25cm side fan.

Funny thing, midi's are 480 mm in hight, and "HUGE" tower 530 mm, only 5 cm higher...

Wll, you guys are probably right...I'll go with Armor. Lighter (good for some, bad for others), sexier....and my girlfriend likes it better also... :roll: (maybe she wants me to do her on it :lol: ).

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
At the end, you just need decent airflow and any of them will do; I only have a rear 80mm and an expansion slot exhausts and temps just could be no better: 26°C/49°C.

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
At the end, you just need decent airflow and any of them will do; I only have a rear 80mm and an expansion slot exhausts and temps just could be no better: 26°C/49°C.
Mine are (full load):
CPU=56°C
GPU=82°C
System=46°C

Nothing too high, but too high for MY taste...An to think when summer comes, all those temps. will go at least 4-6°C up...

loxPL

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
More significant is the difference in lenght - 495mm for the jr, and 560mm for the full Armor. 6.5cm doesn't look like such a big deal, but with graphics cards becoming longer with almost every new generation, someday you'll appreciate that extra room ;) Oh, and once again, if you want a lighter case - you have to buy the SILVER Armor.

TheProfiler

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
More significant is the difference in lenght - 495mm for the jr, and 560mm for the full Armor. 6.5cm doesn't look like such a big deal, but with graphics cards becoming longer with almost every new generation, someday you'll appreciate that extra room ;) Oh, and once again, if you want a lighter case - you have to buy the SILVER Armor.

I'm with ya...and yes, in my currend case I had to move hard drive so I could insert 8800GTS. And GTX is even longer (had her for one noon and exchanged for GTS cuz PSU was giving me system shutdowns).
All these fans won't take a lot of power, will they? I'm approaching my limit with voltage...only 500W.