Folder Encryption Problem

I have a folder in W2k Advanced Server which is encrypted. I can not access
any files within this folder either under the admin account or user account
with admin rights. I keep getting an error message that says the file is not
accessible. When I try to remove encryption from the Properties General tab I
also get an error. Can someone please provide me with feedback on how to
remove encryption and access these files.

Thank you.

You'll have to log in as the user who encrypted the file. Only that user
will have access to it. That's the reason for EFS.

Thanks.
Pat

"" wrote:
> I have a folder in W2k Advanced Server which is encrypted. I
> can not access
> any files within this folder either under the admin account or
> user account
> with admin rights. I keep getting an error message that says
> the file is not
> accessible. When I try to remove encryption from the
> Properties General tab I
> also get an error. Can someone please provide me with feedback
> on how to
> remove encryption and access these files.
>
> Thank you.

to decrypt the file must login as the user or as a designated recovery
agent

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Folder-Encryption-Problem-ftopict399331.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319688

The the reskit utility named efsinfo and use it to see into the headers to
identify what account may be used to decrypt the file, if it has a still
valid EFS key.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?qu=efsinfo
--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"GoingNutz" <GoingNutz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a folder in W2k Advanced Server which is encrypted. I can not
access
> any files within this folder either under the admin account or user
account
> with admin rights. I keep getting an error message that says the file is
not
> accessible. When I try to remove encryption from the Properties General
tab I
> also get an error. Can someone please provide me with feedback on how to
> remove encryption and access these files.
>
> Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS