Folder Encryption Problem

I have a folder in W2k Advanced Server which is encrypted. I can not access
any files within this folder either under the admin account or user account
with admin rights. I keep getting an error message that says the file is not
accessible. When I try to remove encryption from the Properties General tab I
also get an error. Can someone please provide me with feedback on how to
remove encryption and access these files.

Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about folder encryption problem

    You'll have to log in as the user who encrypted the file. Only that user
    will have access to it. That's the reason for EFS.

    Thanks.
    Pat

    "" wrote:
    > I have a folder in W2k Advanced Server which is encrypted. I
    > can not access
    > any files within this folder either under the admin account or
    > user account
    > with admin rights. I keep getting an error message that says
    > the file is not
    > accessible. When I try to remove encryption from the
    > Properties General tab I
    > also get an error. Can someone please provide me with feedback
    > on how to
    > remove encryption and access these files.
    >
    > Thank you.

    to decrypt the file must login as the user or as a designated recovery
    agent

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Folder-Encryption-Problem-ftopict399331.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1319688

    The the reskit utility named efsinfo and use it to see into the headers to
    identify what account may be used to decrypt the file, if it has a still
    valid EFS key.
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?qu=efsinfo
    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "GoingNutz" <GoingNutz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a folder in W2k Advanced Server which is encrypted. I can not
    access
    > any files within this folder either under the admin account or user
    account
    > with admin rights. I keep getting an error message that says the file is
    not
    > accessible. When I try to remove encryption from the Properties General
    tab I
    > also get an error. Can someone please provide me with feedback on how to
    > remove encryption and access these files.
    >
    > Thank you.

Encryption Microsoft Windows