Monitor User Logon

Can anyone please advise me how I can monitor user logons to our domain,
also the time they logon and logoff. I also need to save this information
for a period of three years, any suggestions how I can do this.
I have 4 domain controllers running W2K server 2000 SP4, with Active
Directory for Windows 2000.

Thanks
Johan
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor user logon

    "" wrote:
    > Can anyone please advise me how I can monitor user logons to
    > our domain,
    > also the time they logon and logoff. I also need to save this
    > information
    > for a period of three years, any suggestions how I can do
    > this.
    > I have 4 domain controllers running W2K server 2000 SP4, with
    > Active
    > Directory for Windows 2000.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Johan

    the key word here is auditing.

    you need to enable auditing for account logon events

    Google for LimitLogin. Not sure if this MS tool could help you with
    your question

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Monitor-User-Logon-ftopict401048.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1327196

Domain Monitors Windows