Monitor User Logon

Can anyone please advise me how I can monitor user logons to our domain,
also the time they logon and logoff. I also need to save this information
for a period of three years, any suggestions how I can do this.
I have 4 domain controllers running W2K server 2000 SP4, with Active
Directory for Windows 2000.

Thanks
Johan

"" wrote:
> Can anyone please advise me how I can monitor user logons to
> our domain,
> also the time they logon and logoff. I also need to save this
> information
> for a period of three years, any suggestions how I can do
> this.
> I have 4 domain controllers running W2K server 2000 SP4, with
> Active
> Directory for Windows 2000.
>
> Thanks
> Johan

the key word here is auditing.

you need to enable auditing for account logon events

Google for LimitLogin. Not sure if this MS tool could help you with
your question

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Monitor-User-Logon-ftopict401048.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1327196