[PW!][NS] Should I or Shouldn't I....?

Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane and her extended family
to PokeWars... but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
paperwork, and more....

Should I bring my crew back or not?

--
---
Lady Timedramon, aka Time Lady

It's Not Easy Being Green-the Unofficial Beast Boy/Changeling Fansite
http://MysticManor.tripod.com/garfieldlogan

The Titans Together Webring
http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=titanstogether

The Mystic Manor Gateway

"Lady Timedramon" <sailrgal@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane

Yes.

> and her extended family

Yes!

> to PokeWars...

YES!

> but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
> able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
> teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
> paperwork, and more....

:-(

> Should I bring my crew back or not?

Um.

Yes. Definately, yes. I for one loved your writing, and it had a quality
that I think PW!'s lacking at the moment.

Then again, you obviously need to consider it from a busyness[1]
perspective. Still, even if you just come back for the summer, you'd be
more than welcome, and I'm sure you'll be able to manage a few posts during
the term, even if they're too short. If worst comes to worst, you can just
debate whether or not you trust people you're interacting with to be
sensible if you need a break from it. And change your handle to No-Time
Lady. ;-)

Steffan

[1] See, if I spell that word the way it SHOULD be spelled, it becomes
"business", which means something else. I am of course referring to the
state of being busy.

>Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane and her extended family
>to PokeWars... but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
>able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
>teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
>paperwork, and more....
>
>Should I bring my crew back or not?

I happily advise it. I enjoyed reading your posts some years ago, and I think
seeing Sarah Jane return would be a wonderful thing, even if for the short
term.

Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
talking Sabrina.)

Still, your decision.

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points

William Rendfeld wrote:
> Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
> thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
> definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
> a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
> talking Sabrina.)

I can just see it now. A certain trio of ladies sitting around,
distrusting one another, especially if Sabrina introduced Sarah Jane as
her trusted lieutenant and SJ acted the part in the least...and Raffy
sitting off to the side, chilling some lemonade in the resulting icy
stares.

It would be cool to see Sarah Jane back, even if just for a short while.
;)

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Lady Timedramon" <sailrgal@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane and her extended family
> to PokeWars... but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
> able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
> teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
> paperwork, and more....
>
> Should I bring my crew back or not?

Being an avid follower of Sarah Jane's adventures from the start, I would
like to see her return to the Pokewars!. When Sarah Jane and Damian returned
in 2001, I was hoping Robert would encounter them again, but they
disappeared before he got the chance to.

If you get swamped with work, you can do what I do - just pull your
characters away from the characters they're interacting with and
occasionally write indpendent stories featuring them until you have the time
and desire to interact again. There have been months where I don't write a
single PW! post or only a few short stories, but then I'll suddenly get
inspired and coordinate a major event. You don't need to constantly interact
with authors and read every single post that's written to participate in the
Pokewars! - it's okay to take breaks when necessary.

-Rob

Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<7V7Dc.78350$g97.18941@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>...
> William Rendfeld wrote:
> > Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
> > thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
> > definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
> > a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
> > talking Sabrina.)
>
> I can just see it now. A certain trio of ladies sitting around,
> distrusting one another, especially if Sabrina introduced Sarah Jane as
> her trusted lieutenant and SJ acted the part in the least...and Raffy
> sitting off to the side, chilling some lemonade in the resulting icy
> stares.

I don't know; Alex may or may not have reason to trust Sarah Jane, but
she's got less reason to trust Sabrina. She would, however, try to
keep the two from killing one another. Between Nori's 'abandonment'
and the death of Shields, those two don't exactly have much reason to
be social.

Though Raffy would probably still enjoy the chaos. At least until
ShadowWarrior shuts him up.

William Rendfeld wrote:

> Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<7V7Dc.78350$g97.18941@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>...
>
>>William Rendfeld wrote:
>>
>>>Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
>>>thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
>>>definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
>>>a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
>>>talking Sabrina.)
>>
>>I can just see it now. A certain trio of ladies sitting around,
>>distrusting one another, especially if Sabrina introduced Sarah Jane as
>>her trusted lieutenant and SJ acted the part in the least...and Raffy
>>sitting off to the side, chilling some lemonade in the resulting icy
>>stares.
>

> I don't know; Alex may or may not have reason to trust Sarah Jane, but
> she's got less reason to trust Sabrina. She would, however, try to
> keep the two from killing one another. Between Nori's 'abandonment'
> and the death of Shields, those two don't exactly have much reason to
> be social.
>
> Though Raffy would probably still enjoy the chaos. At least until
> ShadowWarrior shuts him up.

Well, Sarah Jane's issues with Sabrina would probably be considered
minor, but enough that SJ doesn't want to work with her cousin any more.
The environment at Sabrina's gym was stifling by Sarah Jane's
standards. For example, Sabrina insiting on SJ using only psychic and
ghost pokemon, while SJ likes a variety. She's also a tough battler -
perhaps too tough for an average gym trainer.

The only characters Sarah Jane really has anything against would be Nori
and Minax. Otherwise SJ's a very friendly and open person. Her psychic
abilities are more centered on Pokemon than humans.

--
---
Lady Timedramon, aka Time Lady

It's Not Easy Being Green-the Unofficial Beast Boy/Changeling Fansite
http://MysticManor.tripod.com/garfieldlogan

The Titans Together Webring
http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=titanstogether

The Mystic Manor Gateway
http://MysticManor.tripod.com

>Well, Sarah Jane's issues with Sabrina would probably be considered
>minor, but enough that SJ doesn't want to work with her cousin any more.
> The environment at Sabrina's gym was stifling by Sarah Jane's
>standards. For example, Sabrina insiting on SJ using only psychic and
>ghost pokemon, while SJ likes a variety. She's also a tough battler -
>perhaps too tough for an average gym trainer.
>
>The only characters Sarah Jane really has anything against would be Nori
>and Minax. Otherwise SJ's a very friendly and open person. Her psychic
>abilities are more centered on Pokemon than humans.

That solves one problem; Alex is usually friendly and open herself (aside from
her rather unique heritage), and she'd probably get along just fine with SJ.
It's the whole SJ-Nori thing that'd probably cause a problem; her instincts
would be to try to get the two to not kill one another, perhaps reconcile
(despite her own common sense telling her that it's near impossible).

Still, there may be hope.

Now as for Minax/Marcia, well, that'll depend on whether or not she crosses
paths with her again. What SJ would have to do on the SS Tidal is something for
you to decide.