[PW!][NS] Should I or Shouldn't I....?

Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane and her extended family
to PokeWars... but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
paperwork, and more....

Should I bring my crew back or not?

--
---
Lady Timedramon, aka Time Lady

It's Not Easy Being Green-the Unofficial Beast Boy/Changeling Fansite
http://MysticManor.tripod.com/garfieldlogan

The Titans Together Webring
http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=titanstogether

The Mystic Manor Gateway
http://MysticManor.tripod.com
7 answers Last reply
More about shouldn

    "Lady Timedramon" <sailrgal@swbell.net> wrote in message
    > Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane

    Yes.

    > and her extended family

    Yes!

    > to PokeWars...

    YES!

    > but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
    > able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
    > teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
    > paperwork, and more....

    :-(

    > Should I bring my crew back or not?

    Um.

    Yes. Definately, yes. I for one loved your writing, and it had a quality
    that I think PW!'s lacking at the moment.

    Then again, you obviously need to consider it from a busyness[1]
    perspective. Still, even if you just come back for the summer, you'd be
    more than welcome, and I'm sure you'll be able to manage a few posts during
    the term, even if they're too short. If worst comes to worst, you can just
    debate whether or not you trust people you're interacting with to be
    sensible if you need a break from it. And change your handle to No-Time
    Lady. ;-)

    Steffan

    [1] See, if I spell that word the way it SHOULD be spelled, it becomes
    "business", which means something else. I am of course referring to the
    state of being busy.

    >Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane and her extended family
    >to PokeWars... but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
    >able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
    >teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
    >paperwork, and more....
    >
    >Should I bring my crew back or not?

    I happily advise it. I enjoyed reading your posts some years ago, and I think
    seeing Sarah Jane return would be a wonderful thing, even if for the short
    term.

    Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
    thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
    definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
    a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
    talking Sabrina.)

    Still, your decision.

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points

    William Rendfeld wrote:
    > Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
    > thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
    > definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
    > a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
    > talking Sabrina.)

    I can just see it now. A certain trio of ladies sitting around,
    distrusting one another, especially if Sabrina introduced Sarah Jane as
    her trusted lieutenant and SJ acted the part in the least...and Raffy
    sitting off to the side, chilling some lemonade in the resulting icy
    stares.

    It would be cool to see Sarah Jane back, even if just for a short while.
    ;)

    "Lady Timedramon" <sailrgal@swbell.net> wrote in message
    > Yes, I'm still debating the return of Sarah Jane and her extended family
    > to PokeWars... but I'm not sure once school starts how much time I'll be
    > able to devote to it, since I'm moving from teaching the computer lab to
    > teaching 6th grade Language Arts... meaning grading papers, tests,
    > paperwork, and more....
    >
    > Should I bring my crew back or not?

    Being an avid follower of Sarah Jane's adventures from the start, I would
    like to see her return to the Pokewars!. When Sarah Jane and Damian returned
    in 2001, I was hoping Robert would encounter them again, but they
    disappeared before he got the chance to.

    If you get swamped with work, you can do what I do - just pull your
    characters away from the characters they're interacting with and
    occasionally write indpendent stories featuring them until you have the time
    and desire to interact again. There have been months where I don't write a
    single PW! post or only a few short stories, but then I'll suddenly get
    inspired and coordinate a major event. You don't need to constantly interact
    with authors and read every single post that's written to participate in the
    Pokewars! - it's okay to take breaks when necessary.

    -Rob

    Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<7V7Dc.78350$g97.18941@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>...
    > William Rendfeld wrote:
    > > Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
    > > thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
    > > definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
    > > a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
    > > talking Sabrina.)
    >
    > I can just see it now. A certain trio of ladies sitting around,
    > distrusting one another, especially if Sabrina introduced Sarah Jane as
    > her trusted lieutenant and SJ acted the part in the least...and Raffy
    > sitting off to the side, chilling some lemonade in the resulting icy
    > stares.

    I don't know; Alex may or may not have reason to trust Sarah Jane, but
    she's got less reason to trust Sabrina. She would, however, try to
    keep the two from killing one another. Between Nori's 'abandonment'
    and the death of Shields, those two don't exactly have much reason to
    be social.

    Though Raffy would probably still enjoy the chaos. At least until
    ShadowWarrior shuts him up.

    William Rendfeld wrote:

    > Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<7V7Dc.78350$g97.18941@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>...
    >
    >>William Rendfeld wrote:
    >>
    >>>Besides, having another psychic running around in the PW! wouldn't be a bad
    >>>thing in my book, and should Sarah Jane interact with Alex, there would
    >>>definitely be an interesting amount of development on both ends (especially if
    >>>a mutual acquantance of the two characters got into the picture, and I'm not
    >>>talking Sabrina.)
    >>
    >>I can just see it now. A certain trio of ladies sitting around,
    >>distrusting one another, especially if Sabrina introduced Sarah Jane as
    >>her trusted lieutenant and SJ acted the part in the least...and Raffy
    >>sitting off to the side, chilling some lemonade in the resulting icy
    >>stares.
    >

    > I don't know; Alex may or may not have reason to trust Sarah Jane, but
    > she's got less reason to trust Sabrina. She would, however, try to
    > keep the two from killing one another. Between Nori's 'abandonment'
    > and the death of Shields, those two don't exactly have much reason to
    > be social.
    >
    > Though Raffy would probably still enjoy the chaos. At least until
    > ShadowWarrior shuts him up.

    Well, Sarah Jane's issues with Sabrina would probably be considered
    minor, but enough that SJ doesn't want to work with her cousin any more.
    The environment at Sabrina's gym was stifling by Sarah Jane's
    standards. For example, Sabrina insiting on SJ using only psychic and
    ghost pokemon, while SJ likes a variety. She's also a tough battler -
    perhaps too tough for an average gym trainer.

    The only characters Sarah Jane really has anything against would be Nori
    and Minax. Otherwise SJ's a very friendly and open person. Her psychic
    abilities are more centered on Pokemon than humans.

    --
    ---
    Lady Timedramon, aka Time Lady

    It's Not Easy Being Green-the Unofficial Beast Boy/Changeling Fansite
    http://MysticManor.tripod.com/garfieldlogan

    The Titans Together Webring
    http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=titanstogether

    The Mystic Manor Gateway
    http://MysticManor.tripod.com

    >Well, Sarah Jane's issues with Sabrina would probably be considered
    >minor, but enough that SJ doesn't want to work with her cousin any more.
    > The environment at Sabrina's gym was stifling by Sarah Jane's
    >standards. For example, Sabrina insiting on SJ using only psychic and
    >ghost pokemon, while SJ likes a variety. She's also a tough battler -
    >perhaps too tough for an average gym trainer.
    >
    >The only characters Sarah Jane really has anything against would be Nori
    >and Minax. Otherwise SJ's a very friendly and open person. Her psychic
    >abilities are more centered on Pokemon than humans.

    That solves one problem; Alex is usually friendly and open herself (aside from
    her rather unique heritage), and she'd probably get along just fine with SJ.
    It's the whole SJ-Nori thing that'd probably cause a problem; her instincts
    would be to try to get the two to not kill one another, perhaps reconcile
    (despite her own common sense telling her that it's near impossible).

    Still, there may be hope.

    Now as for Minax/Marcia, well, that'll depend on whether or not she crosses
    paths with her again. What SJ would have to do on the SS Tidal is something for
    you to decide.

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points

Video Games