Security groups identifed on 2000 network

Hello.

How can one identify security groups access on network? For example does
ABC group have access to \\servera\public\finance and also on
\\servera\public\admin\projects. Is there a utiliy or a command to issue for
what I am looking for? Thanks for your help in advance.

In article <89CB0B78-C4E1-40EE-8CEE-ACA80CE05603@microsoft.com>,
g000se@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hello.
>
> How can one identify security groups access on network? For example does
> ABC group have access to \\servera\public\finance and also on
> \\servera\public\admin\projects. Is there a utiliy or a command to issue for
> what I am looking for? Thanks for your help in advance.

Download DumpSec.exe from www.somarsoft.com. It can show you both Share
security (which you indicate above) and the NTFS perms below. Will also
show group memberships and user rights.

Brian
--
==
Brian Komar

Reversing the view into permissions grants, to see
"given this principal to what all does it have access"
is not simple in Windows. In part this is due to the
richness of the permitting model of Windows, and in
part it is due to performance considerations (the system
does not maintain this reverse indexing).
For this reason I strongly suggest that you adopt a
naming convention and change control method that
assists in transparency for this type of inquiry, as it
is only a deployment's choices that can surface this
information in a form that assists in management.
Hence, after you have performed the exhaustive
enumeration of what is there (as is needed) you
could consider some renaming and restructuring so
that you can capture the info discovered.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)