LsaSrv keeps crashing server

Hi,

Out of the blue our server has started to crash on a rather frequent basis -
several times a day!.
The error message reported is an LsaSrv error 5000. The security package
negotiate generated an exception.

From this point it is unable to verify access rightas and stops anybody
accessing. A restart is required and on occasions it will even reboot it'self.

Looking through the MS website I identified hotfix 841037 as the best option
but this has made absoulutely no differens to it.
I have since also demoted it from a domain controller thus disabling active
directory. DHCP has also been disable as it appeard that it would crash when
some people/machines logged in. As part of this I also removed it from the
domain and rejoined it.
It still crashes....

Im now getting desperate and I'm on the verge of thowing it out the window!.
Even more frustrating is that it is a critical part of a radio station and
rebooting means interfering with the broadcasts.

It is running Win2K server SP4 + hotfix 841037 on a compaq proliant ML330.
We have another identical server (minus the hotfix) which is now the only
domain controller and have no trouble whatsoever from it.

Any help very very very much appreciated!.

First question, is it fully patched? MBSA mbsacli.exe in command line
hfnetchk verbose mode can scan for patches that look like they're installed
but really aren't.

Since you're at a loss for things to do, I'd also be running a full scandisk
just to be sure. Make sure all the other systems that can send traffic to
that server are running antivirus with the latest updates. Make sure there
is some kind of firewall protecting that DC from Internet traffic, if there
isn't already.

"Martin Harrison" <MartinHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:418B9C3F-EDAC-41A6-8303-CB13828FCE50@microsoft.com...