Trading Pokemon (Coliseum/R/S) Question

Hello everyone -

I have a trading question. Can you trade your pokemon to a friend and
then trade back the same one after awhile? Granted, I wouldn't imagine
that it would get double the xp bonus for trading, but I was wondering
if one could get back their pokemon that they've traded away?

Reason I ask this is because gaining xp is a lot easier to do in Coliseum
I think, than running around in R/S. All those double battles with a XP
share really add up quickly. And then I'd like to send the pokemon back
to R/S to run around with there.

If anyone knows if you can get back a traded pokemon, please let me
know. Thanks!

The Magic Engineer
3 answers Last reply
More about trading pokemon coliseum question

    "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message news:<6rlDc.1802$MW4.167@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...
    > Hello everyone -
    >
    > I have a trading question. Can you trade your pokemon to a friend and
    > then trade back the same one after awhile? Granted, I wouldn't imagine
    > that it would get double the xp bonus for trading, but I was wondering
    > if one could get back their pokemon that they've traded away?
    >
    > Reason I ask this is because gaining xp is a lot easier to do in Coliseum
    > I think, than running around in R/S. All those double battles with a XP
    > share really add up quickly. And then I'd like to send the pokemon back
    > to R/S to run around with there.
    >
    > If anyone knows if you can get back a traded pokemon, please let me
    > know. Thanks!

    Not only is it possible, but it's been a common practice since the
    Red/Blue days. (Pokémon won't get boosted experience on their "home"
    savegame, though.)

    -Andrusi &&
    Sanity not included.

    "Andrusi" <asverner@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote in message
    > "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message
    > > Hello everyone -
    > >
    > > I have a trading question. Can you trade your pokemon to a friend and
    > > then trade back the same one after awhile? Granted, I wouldn't imagine
    > > that it would get double the xp bonus for trading, but I was wondering
    > > if one could get back their pokemon that they've traded away?
    > >
    > > Reason I ask this is because gaining xp is a lot easier to do in
    Coliseum
    > > I think, than running around in R/S. All those double battles with a XP
    > > share really add up quickly. And then I'd like to send the pokemon back
    > > to R/S to run around with there.
    > >
    > > If anyone knows if you can get back a traded pokemon, please let me
    > > know. Thanks!
    >
    > Not only is it possible, but it's been a common practice since the
    > Red/Blue days. (Pokémon won't get boosted experience on their "home"
    > savegame, though.)

    Aaah! Thanks. R/S/Coliseum is really my first foray into the world of
    Pokemon. Before that, I just watched the show. Before that, I just
    collected the first series of the TCG. I imagine that they wouldn't have
    gotten boosted xp back on their home game, because then people would
    continuously trade the same one back and forth 100 times and then one
    battle would lvl up that pokemon who knows how many times. It'd be
    a nice bug to exploit, though, if it were possible.

    TME

    > > Not only is it possible, but it's been a common practice since the
    > > Red/Blue days. (Pokémon won't get boosted experience on their "home"
    > > savegame, though.)
    >
    > Aaah! Thanks. R/S/Coliseum is really my first foray into the world of
    > Pokemon. Before that, I just watched the show. Before that, I just
    > collected the first series of the TCG. I imagine that they wouldn't have
    > gotten boosted xp back on their home game, because then people would
    > continuously trade the same one back and forth 100 times and then one
    > battle would lvl up that pokemon who knows how many times. It'd be
    > a nice bug to exploit, though, if it were possible.

    That's what the Trainer ID number is. If your current trainer ID isn't the
    Pokemon's original one, then they get boosted exp. They don't get extra exp
    bonus for being traded multiple times. You can trade a pokemon to somebody,
    then they trade it to a third person, but it still only gets the same amount
    of exp.

Windows XP Games Nintendo Video Games