Prohibit renaming of folder

I would like to prevent the renaming of the "Photos" folder (see example
below) by network users but allow full access (ie: read, write, delete,
create, rename....) to the rest of files and folders, including the files and
folders located in the "Photos" folder:

Example......(using Windows 2000 Server)
F:\DATA contains miscellaneous data files and the following folders

Application Data
Documents
Photos
1 answer Last reply
More about prohibit renaming folder

    When in the NTFS permissions dialog you would grant
    List for the folder, and grant modify on the content of the
    folder. To do this, first grant modify and then use the
    Advanced button to access the detail view where you
    would highlight the modify and alter it so that it applies
    to Subfolders and files instead of the default of This
    folder, subfolders and files.
    After that special grant has been defined, accept so that
    you are back at the generic permissions dialog and check
    List to grant the ability to use the parent directory.

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "BillM" <BillM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to prevent the renaming of the "Photos" folder (see example
    > below) by network users but allow full access (ie: read, write, delete,
    > create, rename....) to the rest of files and folders, including the files
    and
    > folders located in the "Photos" folder:
    >
    > Example......(using Windows 2000 Server)
    > F:\DATA contains miscellaneous data files and the following folders
    >
    > Application Data
    > Documents
    > Photos

Internet Explorer Windows