errors from messenger service

I dont know where to begin.

Firstly Im on windows 2000 professional. I had this problem and reinstalled
windows 2000 thinking it should solve the problem i will explain but tonight
i connected to internet and within 5 mins messages were back. the problem is
i keep getting these messages in the form of a message box appearing on my
screen while connected to the internet. here are three of the messages.

Message 1

Message from SECURITY UPDATE to WINDOWS on 01/08/2005 22:41:36

Important Notice from MSOFT

Buffer Overflow in Messenger Service Causes Unexpected Computer Shutdown,
Virus Infection and Remote Code Execution

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows NT Workstation
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Win98
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Non Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

Your system IS affected, download the patch from the address below !
FIRST TYPE THE URL BELOW INTO YOUR INTERNET BROWSER, THEN CLICK 'OK'

WWW.WUPDATE.NET

Message 2

Message from Microsoft to System on 01/08/2005 22:42:29

Microsoft Windows has encounted an Internal Error
Your windows registry is corrupted.
Microsoft recommends a complete system scan.

Microsoft recommends

http://fixwindowsnow.com

To repair now

Message 3

Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on 01/08/2005 22:45:01

STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

Windows has found 47 CRITICAL SYSTEM ERRORS!

To fix the errors please do the following
1. Download Registry Repair from http://www.ms-fix.com
2. Install Registry Repair
3. Run Registry Repair
4. Reboot your computer
FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION!

OK people, thats the end of those 3 messages. hope its of help. I have them
typed exactly as they appear in message box. i ran spybot and ad aware, also
set internet security to high from internet connection in the control panel.
then reconnect to internet but no good. As i write this im not on infected
computer.

Thanks in advance. Previous problems have been fixed with your help so look
forward to hearing from you.

Looks like you have some virus on your computer. Do you have antivirus
installed ?

"COSTELLO" <COSTELLO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I dont know where to begin.
>
> Firstly Im on windows 2000 professional. I had this problem and
> reinstalled
> windows 2000 thinking it should solve the problem i will explain but
> tonight
> i connected to internet and within 5 mins messages were back. the problem
> is
> i keep getting these messages in the form of a message box appearing on my
> screen while connected to the internet. here are three of the messages.
>
> Message 1
>
> Message from SECURITY UPDATE to WINDOWS on 01/08/2005 22:41:36
>
> Important Notice from MSOFT
>
> Buffer Overflow in Messenger Service Causes Unexpected Computer Shutdown,
> Virus Infection and Remote Code Execution
>
> Affected Software:
>
> Microsoft Windows NT Workstation
> Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
> Microsoft Windows 2000
> Microsoft Windows XP
> Microsoft Windows Win98
> Microsoft Windows Server 2003
>
> Non Affected Software:
>
> Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
>
> Your system IS affected, download the patch from the address below !
> FIRST TYPE THE URL BELOW INTO YOUR INTERNET BROWSER, THEN CLICK 'OK'
>
> WWW.WUPDATE.NET
>
> Message 2
>
> Message from Microsoft to System on 01/08/2005 22:42:29
>
> Microsoft Windows has encounted an Internal Error
> Your windows registry is corrupted.
> Microsoft recommends a complete system scan.
>
> Microsoft recommends
>
> http://fixwindowsnow.com
>
> To repair now
>
> Message 3
>
> Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on 01/08/2005 22:45:01
>
> STOP! WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.
>
> Windows has found 47 CRITICAL SYSTEM ERRORS!
>
> To fix the errors please do the following
> 1. Download Registry Repair from http://www.ms-fix.com
> 2. Install Registry Repair
> 3. Run Registry Repair
> 4. Reboot your computer
> FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION!
>

> OK people, thats the end of those 3 messages. hope its of help. I have
> them
> typed exactly as they appear in message box. i ran spybot and ad aware,
> also
> set internet security to high from internet connection in the control
> panel.
> then reconnect to internet but no good. As i write this im not on infected
> computer.
>
> Thanks in advance. Previous problems have been fixed with your help so
> look
> forward to hearing from you.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > To fix the errors please do the following
> > 1. Download Registry Repair from http://www.ms-fix.com
> > 2. Install Registry Repair
> > 3. Run Registry Repair
> > 4. Reboot your computer
> > FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION!
> >

> > OK people, thats the end of those 3 messages. hope its of
> help. I have
> > them
> > typed exactly as they appear in message box. i ran spybot
> and ad aware,
> > also
> > set internet security to high from internet connection in
> the control
> > panel.
> > then reconnect to internet but no good. As i write this im
> not on infected
> > computer.
> >
> > Thanks in advance. Previous problems have been fixed with

Richard Hrubizna your wrong, it’s not a virus and costello you
wasted your time reinstalling windows, all you need to do is type
services.msc in run dialog box find the service called messanger, open
it’s properties and stop and disable it, there you go no more
messeges.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-errors-messenger-service-ftopict403440.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1342268