Undeletable File

jono

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

I've just uninstalled Sophos Pure Message from my server and instead of being
a clean uninstall it left a load of files in the Program Files directory.

I can delete all bar one, which is buried three levels down and is anoying
me, as even after changing rights and permissions it still complains about
being in use.

Any ideas for removal?

Jono wrote:
> I've just uninstalled Sophos Pure Message from my server and instead of being
> a clean uninstall it left a load of files in the Program Files directory.
>
> I can delete all bar one, which is buried three levels down and is anoying
> me, as even after changing rights and permissions it still complains about
> being in use.
>
> Any ideas for removal?

If it's an .evt file, you need to delete the associated reg key in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

Cheers

Rename files. Reboot . Then delete.