Please can anyone let me know how to backup my registry in XP with SP2 {not
using restore}

With Kind Regards Bill in OZ

Start/run
type in Regedit
when it opens click file/export
there you go
peterk
"willofaustralia_crackerz2" <spam@1xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Please can anyone let me know how to backup my registry in XP with SP2
> {not using restore}
>
> With Kind Regards Bill in OZ

Open the registry with Start>Run type regedit. On the File menu choose
Export and then browse to the locatition where you want the file.

"willofaustralia_crackerz2" <spam@1xub1@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> Please can anyone let me know how to backup my registry in XP with SP2
> {not using restore}
>
> With Kind Regards Bill in OZ

Ok , Now how do you if ever need be to replace it ? I
mean if I ever need to use the backup , how do you do
that as well ?

wrote in message
>> Please can anyone let me know how to backup my
registry in XP with SP2
>> {not using restore}
>>
>> With Kind Regards Bill in OZ
>>

>.

Hi,

How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows
Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322756

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Ok , Now how do you if ever need be to replace it ? I
> mean if I ever need to use the backup , how do you do
> that as well ?

Import

> Ok , Now how do you if ever need be to replace it ? I
> mean if I ever need to use the backup , how do you do
> that as well ?

Thanks to all___I had a look at Windows help___seems windows help needs help
!