Mapped drives always marked with Red X

Recently, I had a Win2003 SBS running a small domain. I had to reformat the
server and install Win2K server instead and did not setup the domain. I left
the network as a workgroup. On all my workstations i disconnected the
previous mapped drives to the old domain controller and re-mapped the same
drive letters to the new Win2K server in the new workgroup. My Windows 2000
desktops now always show a red X on the mappings even though i can always
connect to them. My XP desktops had no problems and do not show the red x's
Any ideas?
Is there something that needs to be deleted or re-configured on the Win2K
desktops? On the previous mappings, one drive was assigned through the login
script and the other was just a simple mapping

Any help would be great!!
1 answer Last reply
More about mapped drives marked

    You might want to post in a Window 2000 networking newsgroup also. I
    remember this was a fairly common complaint and may be something that was
    fixed in XP/2003. You can also change the security option in Local Security
    Policy for amount of idle time before suspending session and setting it to
    zero to see if that helps. --- Steve

    "jlittle78" <jlittle78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently, I had a Win2003 SBS running a small domain. I had to reformat
    > the
    > server and install Win2K server instead and did not setup the domain. I
    > left
    > the network as a workgroup. On all my workstations i disconnected the
    > previous mapped drives to the old domain controller and re-mapped the same
    > drive letters to the new Win2K server in the new workgroup. My Windows
    > 2000
    > desktops now always show a red X on the mappings even though i can always
    > connect to them. My XP desktops had no problems and do not show the red
    > x's
    > Any ideas?
    > Is there something that needs to be deleted or re-configured on the Win2K
    > desktops? On the previous mappings, one drive was assigned through the
    > login
    > script and the other was just a simple mapping
    >
    > Any help would be great!!

Servers Windows