Event Viewer stopped logging security audit

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I have Windows 2000 AD. I turned on auditing for account logon
(success/failure). but since Monday suddenly no events were logged to the
event viewer in the section Security. All other events are registered so the
event viewer service is running. I checked the auditing event to see if they
were disabled but they were ok. Any idea how to turn logging on? Thanks

Frank

Check and see if the log is full. You can just clear it if you do not need
the info or clear and save it. If that works be sure to increase the size of
the security log to at least 10MB. You also may want to change the behavior
of when "maximum log size is reached" in the properties of the security log.
The options are - overwrite events as needed, overwrite events older than x
number of days, or do not overwrite events and clear log manually. ---
Steve

"Frank" <frank673@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows 2000 AD. I turned on auditing for account logon
> (success/failure). but since Monday suddenly no events were logged to the
> event viewer in the section Security. All other events are registered so
> the event viewer service is running. I checked the auditing event to see
> if they were disabled but they were ok. Any idea how to turn logging on?
> Thanks
>
> Frank

oliver901

Honorable
There are many tools available for the same . You can go for Lepide Event Log management for the same.This tool will enable you to generate all the real time logs that would let you know what exactly the system requires. This tool is very user friendly in nature and easy to use.,You can download the tool from the given link .

http://www.lepide.com/event-log-manager/

Hope it helps you.

TRENDING THREADS