Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

A twelve year-old girl with long black hair merrily skips out of Fallarbor's
Pokemon Center, having just last night found out from the Center's nurse
that she missed the Cable Car to Lavaridge Town quite a few miles ago in her
journey. A shiny Zigzagoon bounces after the girl in the black dress as she
heads east, bracing himself for the volcano fallout he'll be inhaling as
soon as they leave the town limits.

Just west of the Pokemon Center, a teenage biker girl with long green hair
crouches behind some artificial shrubbery decorating the path to the
building, preparing to ambush the girl heading east. An angry Smoochum next
to the leather-clad biker glares at the girl in the black dress, planning on
reclaiming her Magcargo from the child.

Just east of the Pokemon Center, a middle-aged magician with thinning brown
hair hides behind one of the building's walls, also planning to ambush the
girl heading east. A Mawile next to the tuxedo-clad magician opens her maw
wide, ready to Bite the girl in the black dress since she wants to help the
magician take back the shiny Unown the girl stole from him.

Just south of the Pokemon Center, a group of travelers in search of a young
man named Smasher are on their way out of the town, wanting to regroup in
Mauville with the rest of the people that make up their party. From their
perspective, they can see all three people near the Pokemon Center, as well
as all three of their Pokemon. The only one who actually does see them,
however, is a half-human half-Ditto hybrid, who turned her attention towards
the Pokemon Center the moment she sensed very strong psychic activity coming
from the girl - or better put, from within some of the girl's Pokeballs.

"Kitsu, wait!"

"Mawile, Bite!"

"Ziggy, Sand - Attack!"

"Diva, Ice Beam!"

"Is something wrong, Aerie?" asks Kitsu, the half-Ninetales hybrid of the
search party, addressing the half-Ditto girl she's carrying.

"Aaaaaaw!" Marvin the Magician's Mawile declares with her steel maw wide
open as she leaps towards the girl in the black dress.

"ZigzaaGOOON!" cries Ziggy, the Zigzagoon belonging to Terri, the girl about
to be attacked, as he kicks dirt into Mawile's eyes.

"I don't KNOW Ice Beam," complains Diva, the Smoochum captured by Roxie, the
biker. "You really should know that by now."

When Aerie points at the Pokemon Center, each member the search party in
Fallarbor Town reacts accordingly. Kitsu is the first one to look in that
direction, and she's followed by Keaton. Cassandra Gale turns her attention
to the Pokemon Center next. Derek Fisher's Medicham looks towards the Center
before his Trainer does, since Derek is still glancing back at the Magma
Base they left behind, still thoroughly disturbed by their walking away from
it but still not sure why. When Derek turns his head, he notices everyone
else is looking at the Pokemon Center, so he follows their gaze to see a
middle-aged man confronting a little girl.

"You said SAND attack, not DIRT attack," Marvin informs Terri when he sees
Real Tears coming from the eyes of his Mawile, "Your Zigzagoon doesn't fight
fair! My poor Mawile might need eye surgery now!"

"You're the one who's not fair - you are," Terri tells Marvin as she
withdraws a Pokeball from a straw basket that's dangling from one of her
arms. "Sneaking up on a poor little girl like me like that - how rude!"

"What DO you know?" Roxie asks Diva since she has no idea what attacks the
Smoochum knows. "Look, forget it. I don't care. You're an Ice Pokemon -
freeze the little bitch so we can get our Pokemon back."

"That's it. It's nap time, little girl!" Marvin takes a Pokeball out of one
of his sapphire blue tuxedo's pockets and throws it at the ground, releasing
an Exeggutor. The middle-aged man commands, "Exeggutor, put this little girl
and her Zigzagoon to sleep using Hypnosis!"

"Not so fast - slow down! Now it's my turn - I'm up!" Terri drops the
Pokeball she removed from her basket, releasing a Magcargo. The twelve
year-old girl calls out, "Magcargo, hit the Exeggutor with Flamethrower -
then Mawile!"

"Good. She sent out your Magcargo." Roxie pushes Diva out from behind the
bushes. "You have nothing to fear, so get your ass out there and freeze her
already!"

The two more obedient heads of Marvin's Exeggutor start concentrating on
putting Terri's Zigzagoon to sleep, but the disobedient ones ignore Marvin's
command to put Terri to sleep. None of the heads attempt Hypnotizing the
Magcargo that has just been released however, since Marvin didn't instruct
them to, so mere seconds after Ziggy starts snoring, Exeggutor is engulfed
by a Flamethrower attack that causes the Palm Tree Pokemon to fall over,
unconscious. Before Marvin can recall the Exeggutor or send out another
Pokemon, the Magcargo spits another Flamethrower attack at Marvin's Mawile,
knocking her out as well. Out of left field, Diva the Smoochum leaps onto
her Magcargo's back and slaps his Rock Shell, determined to gallop off into
the sunset on her loyal steed.

Five seconds later, the Magcargo takes one step forward.

"DIVA?! What are YOU doing here?!" Marvin asks, surprised to see his rival
from Johto in Fallarbor Town. He hadn't seen the Smoochum since the day he
left Goldenrod City. "Terri's Magcargo is YOUR Magcargo? Just how many
Goldenrod City citizens did this little girl steal from?!"

"Leave me alone, you hack magician," snarls Diva, slapping her Magcargo's
Rock Shell repeatedly, "Can't you see I'm making my getaway? It might be
going a bit slow, but I'm okay with that. MOVE, YOU STUPID MAGCARGO, MOVE!"

"You like things slow - do you?" Terri asks Diva with a mischievous smirk on
her face, pulling four shrunken Pokeballs out of her basket with one hand,
"How about I stop you in your tracks all together - how's that?"

Realizing that her escape plan isn't going as well as she had hoped it
would, Diva decides to follow Roxie's advice instead. "How about I stop YOU
in your tracks? Time for some Powder Snow!" Diva blows a gust of snow
through her lips, which covers Terri's black dress with a layer of white
snow but doesn't freeze her.

"You idiot," Roxie complains, stepping out from behind the bushes, "Powder
Snow has a minimal chance of freezing opponents! Use a stronger Ice attack!"

Diva pouts her lips, temporarily ceasing the rampant slapping of her Fire
Pokemon to admit, "I... I don't know any stronger Ice attacks." After wiping
a single tear from her right eye, she goes back to furiously beating her
Magcargo's Rock Shell, "Hyah! Hyah! Speed me away from the insensitive jerk
who doesn't know anything about me even though she captured me months ago!"

"Whoa, wait a minute," Marvin says, surprised to see the biker girl he met
in the Fiery Path, "Diva - you're ROXIE'S Pokemon? Since when?"

"Enough with the catching up already - I'm bored," Terri declares, enlarging
the four Pokeballs she pulled out of her basket, "I'm gonna freeze you all -
that's fun!" The young black-haired girl drops all four Pokeballs onto the
ground in front of Fallarbor's Pokemon Center, releasing four shiny Unown -
Eff, Jay, Ehl, and Ehn. All four shiny Unown start circling Terri.

"Fire Wand! Tickler! Blower!" Marvin calls out to three of the shiny Unown
by the nicknames he gave them - Ehn, Ehl, and Jay, respectively. When the
shiny Unown continue to fly around Terri, not reacting to Marvin at all, the
middle-aged man asks, "Don't you recognize me? It's me, Marvin - your
friend!"

"They're MY friends now - good friends!" Terri giggles, happy to be flanked
by such powerful Pokemon. "They listen to me - just watch!" She points at
Diva with one hand and at Roxie with the other, then she demands, "Freeze
these two in time - right now!"

Two of the four shiny Unown fly over to Diva and the Smoochum is frozen in
place, one hand a mere inch from her Magcargo's Rock Shell. The other two
shiny Unown freeze Roxie just as she reaches for her Weezing's Pokeball.
Their tasks complete, the four shiny Unown fly back to Terri and continue
circling her.

Eff allows itself a mental chuckle. Not only has the malicious shiny Unown
taken control of the weak-willed Unown that the girl stole from the
middle-aged man and convinced them to add their power to its own, but now it
has frozen its past master, who tried to sell it instead of help it, in
time. Suddenly, Eff senses another shiny Unown in the vicinity due to its
psychic ability to Find others. Eff turns its eye to the group of travelers
approaching from the south, ready to freeze every one of them in time if
need be and take the shiny Unown that one of the female members of the group
is carrying.

Marvin, meanwhile, has no idea why his peaceful shiny Unown friends haven't
rushed to his side to play with him. He's convinced that they would never
freeze him in time, however, so he stands his ground and keeps trying to get
them to come to their senses, "Fire Wand, Tickler, Blower - listen to me!
That girl is a mean little thief! You shouldn't do what she tells you to do!
Come back to me, you guys! If you want, your shiny new friend can join us
too..."

Eff glares at the magician with its one eye and telepathically commands the
three shiny Unown flying around it to freeze Marvin in time.

When Ehn, Ehl, and Jay start floating towards Marvin, the middle-aged man
smiles. His smile turns into a frown, however, when he notices the evil look
in each shiny Unown's eye. He holds the palms of his hands up and backs away
slowly, asking, "I don't suppose you're all planning on nuzzling up against
me?"

-Marvin

>Eff allows itself a mental chuckle. Not only has the malicious shiny Unown
>taken control of the weak-willed Unown that the girl stole from the
>middle-aged man and convinced them to add their power to its own, but now it
>has frozen its past master, who tried to sell it instead of help it, in
>time. Suddenly, Eff senses another shiny Unown in the vicinity due to its
>psychic ability to Find others. Eff turns its eye to the group of travelers
>approaching from the south, ready to freeze every one of them in time if
>need be and take the shiny Unown that one of the female members of the group
>is carrying.
>
>Marvin, meanwhile, has no idea why his peaceful shiny Unown friends haven't
>rushed to his side to play with him. He's convinced that they would never
>freeze him in time, however, so he stands his ground and keeps trying to get
>them to come to their senses, "Fire Wand, Tickler, Blower - listen to me!
>That girl is a mean little thief! You shouldn't do what she tells you to do!
>Come back to me, you guys! If you want, your shiny new friend can join us
>too..."
>
>Eff glares at the magician with its one eye and telepathically commands the
>three shiny Unown flying around it to freeze Marvin in time.
>
>When Ehn, Ehl, and Jay start floating towards Marvin, the middle-aged man
>smiles. His smile turns into a frown, however, when he notices the evil look
>in each shiny Unown's eye. He holds the palms of his hands up and backs away
>slowly, asking, "I don't suppose you're all planning on nuzzling up against
>me?"

As the three Shiny Unown advanced towards Marvin, Eff watched, keeping its
physical eye trained on the illusionist and a mental eye trained on the Search
Party. It doubted that there would be a problem.

#Why do you do this?#

The question stopped Ehn, Ehl, and Jay in their tracks.

#Why do you allow yourselves to be controlled? Why can you not stop
yourselves from fighting this man who calls himself your friend, who means you
no harm?#

#Halt your Questioning, Cue. I have Found you with that girl. You cannot
hide from me, and you cannot face me alone.#

#He is not alone.#

"Enigma, Psychic!"

As Eff turned his physical eye towards the Search Party, a single Poké Ball
opened to reveal a massive Claydol. Enigma's eyes flashed with psychic energy,
overwhelming the small Unown and knocking it for a loop. Eff retaliated with
its Bug-type Hidden Power, hurting Enigma some due to type advantage but not
knocking it due to difference in level.

Before Eff could direct the other Shiny Unown to Enigma instead of Marvin,
the Claydol retaliated with a Rock Smash attack, knocking the small Unown
unconscious.

"What the...?" Terri asked. Upon noticing the floating Ground/Psychic-type
before her, she replied, "Where did you come from?!"

"The same place I came from," Keaton replied as he hoisted the girl up by
the back of her dress. "Somebody's been a bad little girl."

Marvin blinked in recognition, then asked, "Keaton? What are you doing
here?"

"He came with us," Cass explained as her portion of the Search Party came
into clear view. "Though we didn't expect to see you, Marvin."

"Cass?" Marvin said in surprise. "Wherever you came from, thank you!"

"Let me go!" Terri cried out. "I haven't done anything wrong!"

"You stole money and Pokémon, framed an innocent man, and caused chaos,"
Derek listed off on one hand. "You may not have understood the consequences of
your actions, but you did do many things wrong."

"And frankly, we have an easier time believing the magician than you," Cass
noted. "Now, let's find the police and deal with all of this."

#Cassandra, there is a problem,# Enigma noted.

TBC

[NS: Adrian, I believe that's your cue.]

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
> With the fire and the forest laid to waste, Keaton let the zanbatou drop
> and fell to his knees, breathing heavily. Aerie, Derek, Cass, and their
> Pokemon soon dug themselves out of the shallow earth and ran to Keaton's
> side.
>
> "I'm fine," Keaton panted. "I just... need to recharge. Just... find
> Kitsu. She may be hurt..."
>
> Without further provocation, Aerie flew away from Keaton and began
> digging next to a half-buried bisento. All at once she heaved Kitsu out
> of the ground, who then clung to her, staring wild-eyed and fearful at
> the polearm lodged in the dirt.
>
> "What... I..." Kitsu stammered, her gaze fixed on the Hellstrike
> Bisento. "That... I... What... This... No, no, no!"
>
> She looked around at the destruction around her. She hugged Aerie
> tighter, whimpering slightly as she rocked back and forth.

Clinging to one another as they were, Kitsu and Aerie had to be prodded
to move. It did not take long to reach Lavaridge, where Keaton and Cass
guided the troubled girls into one of the public hot springs before
joining Derek at the pokemon center.

"Kitsu, I know you're scared right now, but I need you to talk to me."

Kitsu kept whimpering.

Aerie sighed. Telepathy would have been easier - but too easy. She
needed Kitsu to focus, at least a little bit. "Come on, Kitsu. Just
concentrate on the words, and let them speak themselves."

She sensed a moment of concentration, like a single gentle wave
surrendering to calm waters, though the opposite metaphor was closer to
Kitsu's condition.

"You can do it. Just say 'I...'."

"I-i...i..."

"'...love you.'"

"L-lo...what?!?" Kitsu blinked, her panic broken.

Aerie snickered. "Gotcha."

"Oooh!" Kitsu frowned and pushed Aerie's head underwater. An ekans
slithered past the Aenarian's wrist and coiled up her arm, eliciting a
"Yip!" and a brush off.

A second later, Aerie's normal head poked back out of the water.
"Sorry. I forgot who we just fought."

"N-no..." Kitsu sighed, head pointed directly away from Aerie so as to
avoid looking into even her reflection's eyes. "I'm the one who should
be sorry. You were right, that IS a powerful attack. Too powerful."

Aerie's face went poker. "There's no such thing as 'always too
powerful'. Just overkill for certain occasions."

The wereninetails groaned. "Another bit of 'wisdom' from Doppler?"

Aerie blinked. "Umm...yeah. Part of the programming he gave me. I've
been sorting through it. I think, in this case, it means you shouldn't
give up mastering your weapon. Just find out how powerful it really is,
so you can use it appropriately. Like, if you ever had to save my-uh,
*Jordan's* life."

Kitsu smiled, still facing away from Aerie. "Or yours."

"Yeah, well, I was trying to think what would be the most important
thing in the world to you."

Silence reigned for another moment, then Kitsu turned around and swept
up Aerie in a hug. "If I ever had to choose between my life or
yours..." Kitsu murmured, eyes closed so she could better lay her cheek
in the younger one's hair. "I hope I never have to."

Had anyone been able to see Aerie's face, currently buried in Kitsu's
chest, they would have seen one of those mixes of surprise, joy, and a
hint of worry completely foreign to those who have never cared for
another.

"Umm...Aerie? You're melting."

"Sorry."

"Hmm." Kitsu tried to ignore the bright light coming from somewhere
nearby. Thankfully, it soon faded, leaving her free to feel her
companion, gently rocking back and forth in the warm mineral water,
perhaps a bit cramped in the hug, her breasts now-

Kitsu let go.

Aerie blinked, a bit surprised. "Is something wrong?"

"You've grown up."

The girl smiled. "Thanks, but-"

"No, literally. Look at yourself." Kitsu backed away a little so
Aerie could see her own reflection.

She was not that different. A head taller, twin slight bulges where
she used to be flat, and a few internal sensations that she only now
paid attention to. Aerie slowly stretched each of her muscles one at a
time, cautiously trying out her new body.

"Is that it? I thought you'd be, well, like me." Kitsu patted one of
her own ample breasts.

"I think there'll be more, but not for a while." Aerie took a deep
breath, slowly letting it out. "This was going to hurt, but you made me
forget to suffer." She smiled. "Thank you."

"Umm." Kitsu's expression reflected the dark thought that had just
occurred to you. "One of your parents told you about the pidgeys and
the beedrills, right? Because..."

"'Cause I'm probably able to have kids now?" Aerie winked. "Yeah,
yeah. Especially since I'm half-ditto: I can breed with almost
anything. Don't worry, I know all about that. But if I had less self
control right now, it'd be a good thing we're both girls."

Kitsu blushed, wide-eyed. "AERIE!"

The girl chuckled and splashed her friend, starting a wave fight rarely
equalled in the pokemon world outside of magikarp pools.

TBC?

(NS: And here I thought I'd never need a WG update... ^_- )