Windows 2003 Enterprise CA in a Windows 2000 AD

I am looking to deploy a Windows 2003 Enterprise CA but we are still
running a windows 2000 active directory infrastructure. According to:-

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsserver2003/build_ent_root_ca.mspx

This is possible but I am struggling to find any detailed information
about requirements/limitations. Does anyone have any experience with
this or can point me towards any good documentation?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows 2003 enterprise windows 2000

    In article <1124702791.669178.256760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, in
    the microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, phil
    <P_Littlewood@hotmail.com> says...

    > I am looking to deploy a Windows 2003 Enterprise CA but we are still
    > running a windows 2000 active directory infrastructure. According to:-
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsserver2003/build_ent_root_ca.mspx
    >
    > This is possible but I am struggling to find any detailed information
    > about requirements/limitations. Does anyone have any experience with
    > this or can point me towards any good documentation?

    Run adprep /forestprep from a Windows Server 2003 CD to upgrade the
    schema to the 2003 version. Also, all of your domain controllers need to
    be at SP4 or above.

    --
    Paul Adare
    MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine

    In article <1124702791.669178.256760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    P_Littlewood@hotmail.com says...
    > I am looking to deploy a Windows 2003 Enterprise CA but we are still
    > running a windows 2000 active directory infrastructure. According to:-
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsserver2003/build_ent_root_ca.mspx
    >
    > This is possible but I am struggling to find any detailed information
    > about requirements/limitations. Does anyone have any experience with
    > this or can point me towards any good documentation?

    I cover this information in my book. The main thing is to take full
    advantage of the features of the Windows Server 2003 Enterprise CA
    (running on Enterprise Edition!!) is to upgrade the AD schema to the
    Server 2003 version.

    You need to run ADPREP /FORESTPREP on the Schema master to accomplish
    this. Once run, then you can install the enterprise CA.

    Brian
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6745.asp
    --
    ==
    Brian Komar

    Thanks for the info.....perhaps I'll buy the book!

Windows Server 2003 Windows 2000 Enterprise Windows