Windows 2003 Enterprise CA in a Windows 2000 AD

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

In article <1124702791.669178.256760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, in
the microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, phil
<P_Littlewood@hotmail.com> says...

> I am looking to deploy a Windows 2003 Enterprise CA but we are still
> running a windows 2000 active directory infrastructure. According to:-
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsserver2003/build_ent_root_ca.mspx
>
> This is possible but I am struggling to find any detailed information
> about requirements/limitations. Does anyone have any experience with
> this or can point me towards any good documentation?

Run adprep /forestprep from a Windows Server 2003 CD to upgrade the
schema to the 2003 version. Also, all of your domain controllers need to
be at SP4 or above.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine

In article <1124702791.669178.256760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
P_Littlewood@hotmail.com says...
> I am looking to deploy a Windows 2003 Enterprise CA but we are still
> running a windows 2000 active directory infrastructure. According to:-
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windowsserver2003/build_ent_root_ca.mspx
>
> This is possible but I am struggling to find any detailed information
> about requirements/limitations. Does anyone have any experience with
> this or can point me towards any good documentation?

I cover this information in my book. The main thing is to take full
advantage of the features of the Windows Server 2003 Enterprise CA
(running on Enterprise Edition!!) is to upgrade the AD schema to the
Server 2003 version.

You need to run ADPREP /FORESTPREP on the Schema master to accomplish
this. Once run, then you can install the enterprise CA.

Brian
http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6745.asp
--
==