Remove MS AntiSpyware or Add Exception

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 24, 2005 1:06:01 PM

We are migrating our domain this weekend to a new name, and we have an issue
where there are around 200 workstations with MS AntiSpyware installed. The
problem is that it appears that it blocks the agent from migrating the
workstation into the new domain.

This means unless there is a way to automatically allow the agent to run, I
will have to run a script, which uninstalls it across the network.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:28:23 AM

Johan,

I ran into the same thing a month ago. I ended up disabeling the Spyware
since that seem to be easier for us. An exception will work as well, but we
also had problems with the Firewall blocking the install. So we had to turn
both off.

--
RS
MCSE, MCP +I MCP

"Johan" wrote:

> We are migrating our domain this weekend to a new name, and we have an issue
> where there are around 200 workstations with MS AntiSpyware installed. The
> problem is that it appears that it blocks the agent from migrating the
> workstation into the new domain.
>
> This means unless there is a way to automatically allow the agent to run, I
> will have to run a script, which uninstalls it across the network.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:29:07 AM

Thanks for the quick reply :-)

And how would I be able to disable spyware through a script, if the whole
point of the software is to stop this from happening?

As were still running 2000 thankfully the firewall issue doesn't come in. I
guess even if it was, there is a GPO policy that could turn it off.

!