Need help to choose a new system

keepon

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Good evening everyone, time to give my Intel 3.2 to my son and go and get myself a present. I have been looking around in stores that build pc's. Everyone preaches for their parish, so I am completely confused. Been reading on the site about different setup's and I always said, you have to have trust in someone to help you make your final decision. I am willing to go for around $2000.00 Can. I just want to make sure I get my money's worth.

I would greatly appreciate if you guys can help me in selecting my next computer. At the moment I don't want to over clock my system, because I have no idea what to do and scared I would damage it. But I would like to buy with the option, if someday I get the guts, I would be able to. Products I am sure I like are the case Thermatake , I was told, I need a 500W power supply. Processor, for sure, Intel, biggest as possible. Some where in the area of 6600 or 6700. If you can give me a idea what quad core is and if there is a big different in price and speed.
2 gigs of ram, a dvd burner dual-layer, mother boards, I always had ASUS. Half decent video card. Looking for 2 good hard drive around 250gigs. I play around with music alot. PCDJ, so a sound card would be cool. What ever recommendation you give me, I will look in the stores in my areas. As mentioned, I am not looking to save 100.00 bucks, I just want my money's worth.