Windows 2000 security vulnerability solution

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

We ran a security vulnerability test on our servers using nessus tool. We
could not find solution for several vulnerabilities that were found. I just
would like to know what would be the solution for the vulnerabilities which
we found.

1. LDAP allows anonymous binds
2. Oracle tnslsnr security Count
3. ShowCode possible Count - Windows NT box
4. SSH protocol versions supported Count
5. NFS export
6. nfsd service Count

For now, I think this should suffice. So, if you have the answer, kindly let
me know.

thanks in advance

As concerns point 1., I believe you are running MS Window 2k.
Windows 2k3 comes with stricter security as to (almost) disable
anonymous binds completely.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks barabba, but we are running 2000 boxes, and the upgrade to 2003 as of
now does not fall under our plan. So, I would like to know how to disable
these in Windows 2000 servers. I thank u again, but if you have any ideas how
to disable these in Win2K servers, please let me know.